Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 6:55:31 PM EDT
I am trying to re-create a Glock 17 Pro but I am having some problems. I need a threaded barrel and Glock does ot sell these to civilians in the USA. I cannot import onbe from finland due to ATF red tape and I do not want to use a non-glock barrel. I was thinking of buying a Glock 34 barrel and have it threaded. Does anyone know if this barrel is log enough? Also, who can perform this service? I already have the extended slide release, night sites, maritime cups, extended mag thingie. The only two things I need now are the threaded glock barrel and the weird mag release button. Any idea on where to get this as well? Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#1]
The G34 barrel is too long unless you get it cut down.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:23:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Contact  GemTech they might thread the G34 barrel for you or know someone that can.  

I have no idea how/where you would get the "Pro" mag catch?  

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:54:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm thinking of doing the same thing!

Let me know what you find out about the barrel. Have you asked Steve @ ADCO if he could thread the barrel for you?

HotRod9mm - Can we get the mag catch at Lone Wolf?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:20:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Let me see if I can dig up any more. I got that one from Germany.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:21:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me see if I can dig up any more. I got that one from Germany.  

Cool man, thanks!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:44:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:13:17 AM EDT
[#7]
The only problem I see that he made in the threading was he did not treat the machined part of the barrel, thus the rust.

Thanks for the link!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:50:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Lone Wolf is selling a mag release that is rounded off and closely resembles the Pro model. You have to have the frame "cut" to accept it.

www.lonewolfdist.com/mfgproducts.asp?mfg=LWD&curRecIdx=41

You could have a 34 barrel cut down and threaded. But a non Glock barrel like a Barsto would be a good alternative.

17 Pro www.glockfaq.com/picsnonus.htm

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The only problem I see that he made in the threading was he did not treat the machined part of the barrel, thus the rust.

Thanks for the link!

"he" is me, and the rust is from shooting the can wet and not making sure it was dry before putting it away. It was just light surface rust so it came out when I cleaned the threads out.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:09:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
"he" is me,

Thanks! Any way to cold blue the end or something to help protect it?  Looks like one of these would help(not with the rust, just to help it look cool!).  

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:14:53 PM EDT
[#11]
That 17 Pro is schweet.

I am currentyly trying to find another G19. I plan to get a threaded barrel and AAV Evolution II suppressor to go with it. I also want to get an Advantge .22LR upper and GemTech Outback to use on the 19.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That 17 Pro is schweet.

I am currentyly trying to find another G19. I plan to get a threaded barrel and AAV Evolution II suppressor to go with it. I also want to get an Advantge .22LR upper and GemTech Outback to use on the 19.

I think you mean AAC evolution-9.  Supposedly a great suppressor.  The AA kit is great- I use one on my G19 w/Gemtech Outback and it works like a charm.  You will be very pleased.  I had my AA barrel threaded by aquila precision firearms in Texas (just google it)- much cheaper than having Gemtech do it.  HTH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top