Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 10:24:35 PM EDT
Hi.  What is the difference (advantage or disadvantage) between fixed steel sights vs standard sights?  I think steel sights is new, not sure, but it costs $20 more.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
the stock factory glock plastic sights are supposidly easier to fall/snap/break off during one-handed drills (using the rear sight to rack/clear malfunctions via your belt or shoe)

steel ones of course do not flex like plastic ones, so these are recommened for hard use
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:16:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Is glock offering factory steelies now?

I've changed my Front sight to a steel, cuz I kept dinging the polymer sights up.  The deformed sight pic drove me nuts.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:39:19 AM EDT
[#3]
My G17 came with standard plastic sights...when I ordered my steel sights from Glock, they sent me the Meprolight night sights marked Glock.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Alphaghost.  Would you know if the glock 19 on topglock.com is steel or plastic sights?  There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info from glock.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw a Glock take a fall and the plastic rear sight flew the fuck off.  

I want steels for this reason, though I love the sight picture afforded by the "goal post" rear sight, and I can't find anything comparable in steel.

Closest thing I've found are PT Night Sights.  They're not quite it, but I think I could grow to like them.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Yup.  I found a nice steel front sight, but I can't find a steel rear.   And I don't want night sights.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yup.  I found a nice steel front sight, but I can't find a steel rear.   And I don't want night sights.

I think you can get a Heinie steel rear sight without tritium.  Also, there is a thread right now about non illuminated steel sightsl.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I saw a Glock take a fall and the plastic rear sight flew the fuck off.  

I want steels for this reason, though I love the sight picture afforded by the "goal post" rear sight, and I can't find anything comparable in steel.

Closest thing I've found are PT Night Sights.  They're not quite it, but I think I could grow to like them.

Go to www.glockparts.com and go to their sights section for some standard Glock sights made in steel.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:31:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Go to www.glockparts.com and go to their sights section for some standard Glock sights made in steel.  

They're out of REAR sights in steel.

But thanks for the info.  I'll check back periodically.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top