Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 1:42:26 PM EDT
I've been thinking about getting the baby 9 since I own a G19 and the mags from that would fit the G26.  I'm not sure if I would get any utility from it though - it's too big for pocket carry and other than that, I don't know if it would be any easier to conceal than a G19.  What do you all think?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:53:17 PM EDT
[#1]
the G26 is my daily carry piece and the best 9mm in the world i think. i love it. i have the G19 but for a smaller sized fella like myself, bout 137lbs., the G26 disappears on me in my IWB galco rig. i carry 11 rounds in my gun, an extra 10 round mag, and a 33 round magazine in the car... find another weapon the size of the 26 that you can get all these features on... ya wont. the G26 is my favorite glock and glock is all i own. i have 5, nothing beats the 26.  GO BUY ONE MAN!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I really like the 26. It shines when using an ankle rig when waist concealment isn't practical. It's accurate and functions great. I don't have any extended base plates. For me, they are not necessary to aid in shooting and I feel they inhibit concealment.
I normally use the appendix carry and normally the 19 is fine, the 26 is best in the warm times.

My opinion

Mark
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:02:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Its my back-up and off duty carry.  It shoots great and conceals easily.  The only thing I suggest is:

http://www.pearcegrip.com/glock.htm#Glock_Model_26

Some people dont care but I like the extensions.  And grab a 33 rounder, its good to have around.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:07:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I think it would be a bit easier to conceal especially if you used the factory mag base. You could carry spare G19 mags.

You can see in this image just what kind of a size difference there is.

What I never understood about G19 owners is that if they want a G26 for better concealment, why not just cut down the grip of the G19 and bond the piece that was removed to a G19 mag - When using that mag you would have full size grip. Use the G26 mag for better concealment...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I carry mine on my ankle as a back up, but the 19 is my primary.  That said I still like my 26 a lot and would buy it again in a second.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:34:48 PM EDT
[#6]
The 26 is a great gun and a very soft shooter for a small package.  I usually carry the compact size guns but I like having the subcompacts for when I need that extra bit of concealibility.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:44:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Have no complaints. It has been my carry for over 10 years and has had at least 4000 rounds of all kinds of crap through it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:53:11 PM EDT
[#8]
helobravo, is your 26 still in good shape after all those years and ammo spent through it?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#9]

i like mine as a BUG so far....in a comptac pro undercover, it disapears in my waist--just a little better than my G19

slips in my khaki pockets pretty ok, but prints a little
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't think the marginal size difference is worth giving up the better shootability of the G19. That being said, if the G19 didn't exist, the G26 would be my carry gun.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#11]
i carry a g27 with the pearce +1 grip ext.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top