Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 6:12:06 PM EDT
Another testament to how tough GLOCKS are:

Every morning I drink my coffee from my GLOCK mug. Most mornings it's two cups but sometimes, like this morning, I have a third on my way into the office.

This afternoon I arrive home and because its such a beautiful day here in the Commonwealth my kids and most of the neighbor kids are out playing. I pull up, grab my GLOCK mug, walk around to the other side of the car to get the rest of my stuff; laptop, jacket, some books...I realize I don't have enough hands so I place the GLOCK mug on my roof (you see where this is going) and grab everything and head inside.

Now, my car has bicycle racks on top of it (because I race bicycles, not because it's hip) so my roof is fairly busy and noticing a black mug among the black trays, towers, wheel hooks and rails isn't easy.

Anyway, I load up the dog, drive 16 miles round trip through Virginia Beach to take him to the vet at times up to 55mph, through lights, turns, etc.

Then the wife hops in my car when I get home and takes the MIL shopping and then drops her off so she can have dinner with the BIL. Probably another 15 miles through Virginia Beach.

When the wife gets home I tell her that I think I left my GLOCK mug on top of my car. She tells me something was banging around on the roof of my car and she almost pulled over to see what it was! I run out to the driveway and...there it is, on top of my car!!!

Those damn GLOCKs are so tough even their coffee mugs defy the odds
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:32:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You think that mug is tough, you ought to see my glock t-shirt. I've had it for about three years and 1000 washes. My ex wife tried to get rid of it plenty of times. Now shes gone but i still have my shirt haha
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:53:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, you'll be sipping hot coffee one day, then suddenly -- without warning -- KABOOM!  Hot coffee in your face.  Whatcha gonna do then, tough guy?  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yeah, you'll be sipping hot coffee one day, then suddenly -- without warning -- KABOOM!  Hot coffee in your face.  Whatcha gonna do then, tough guy?  

AHAHAHAH!!!!!  that's funny!

Maybe he can blame that the coffee was too how when he poured it in the mug?  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I want my minute back.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I demand a refund...

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:55:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:09:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I hope you have a GenIII with the supported handle!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:25:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Did you get the Tennifer finish on your mug?

I hear that it cuts down on chipping and makes you pee pee tingle.

True?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:26:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Did you get the Tennifer finish on your mug?

I hear that it cuts down on chipping and makes you pee pee tingle.

True?

I don't know about the chipping but my pee pee does tingle
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:09:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:44:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My Glock shirt is 5 years old and still kicking

That ain't shit.  I have a Glock pencil I've been using for 3 years that has never needed sharpening.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok so I got a good kick out of the story. Maybe it's the ....

I've heard many stories of people leaving stuff on the roof that never survived including day planners full of cash and babies.

Yet the Glock mug didn't go Kaboom.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:24:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd love to see anybody try that with a 1911 mug!  Some people cant realize that there have been huge advancements in coffee mug technology in the last 100 YEARS!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:21:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'd love to see anybody try that with a 1911 mug!  Some people cant realize that there have been huge advancements in coffee mug technology in the last 100 YEARS!!

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:29:06 AM EDT
[#15]
i love reading those kinda stories. glocks are the toughest, no doubt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top