Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2006 5:36:43 PM EDT
Just wondering i like this design, and think for any situation they would be faster then a three dot set-up , ALL YOU GOT TO DO IT DOT THE "I",  and they are suposed to be the brightest in the dark then any other brand

My main concern is has anybody tried these, are they worth the $110 from MidWay? are they easy to install, all toold included? SHOULD I GO WITHT HE STANDARD FRONT DOT OR EXTRA LARGE?

any help would be appriated, im looking and these are my favorite!
HERE IS A LINK FOR YOUR VIEWING ON THESE SIGHTS:
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=318138

thanks for the help!
Glockster19
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the XS big dot sights on one of my Glocks and the jury is still out on it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:42:18 PM EDT
[#2]
does that mean good or bad?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I have, and like, the standard dots. However I seem to be in the minority.  
I find them faster than 3 dot sights, while being just as accurate for me.  I found the big dots, which most people seem to like better, to be marginally faster, but with a significant loss of accuracy at longer ranges.

Edited to add:
They are under $100 from Brownells if you get the dealer discount.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
does that mean good or bad?

good, I'm still getting used to it but it wont replace traditional 3 dot sights on my other guns
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#5]
ok good feedback,

im gonna put them on my G19 and i use it for some target but mostly for Carry purposes, but i do shoot it 1k a month or more at the range so i want them to work well as target sights and for me i think dotting the eye is easier cause of my bad vision, it would be easier in my theory to dot a "I" then to focus on air gaps in a traditional 3 dot sight!

****now that you know i have bad vision and know what i am gonna use them for what are the  thoughts?
**** also to install these not being a gunsmith am i gonna need special sight pulling and setting tools to mount them?

thanks guys good feedback so far
Glockster19
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
ok good feedback,

im gonna put them on my G19 and i use it for some target but mostly for Carry purposes, but i do shoot it 1k a month or more at the range so i want them to work well as target sights and for me i think dotting the eye is easier cause of my bad vision, it would be easier in my theory to dot a "I" then to focus on air gaps in a traditional 3 dot sight!

****now that you know i have bad vision and know what i am gonna use them for what are the  thoughts?
**** also to install these not being a gunsmith am i gonna need special sight pulling and setting tools to mount them?

thanks guys good feedback so far
Glockster19

Installation is very easy on the Glocks. A brass drift punch or plastic punch and a ball peen hammer.
The XS sights I believe come with a small plastic punch, a little nut driver for tightening the screw on the front sight and a small tube of red Loctite.
Do yourself a favor and get a real punch and a driver bit for the sight that you can attach to a bit driver handle, otherwise some wood blocks or soft jaws, mount the slide in a vise and tap away. They aren't super tight and if I remember the rear sight gets driven out to the right. Front sight just pops off with a pair of pliars.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#8]
im gonna go with the xs 24/7 standard dot system,  be easier and faster for me to make sure i dot the eye and the dot is centered then it would be to try and see if my air gars are right and everything my bad vision will like the XS system better i think
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the 24/7 big dots on both my glocks.  They are not going to put the bullet "exactly" where you want it, but on a man sized target at defensive ranges he is as dead as a christmas turkey.  They are very fast for aquisition, and the big dot up front helps me with my focusing on the front sight.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#10]
10-4
i have talked with several people and watched a guy shoot 100 yards with a glock that had the standard size smaller dot 24/7 sights and he was shotting very well with them, and i think if you get the smaller dot set-up it will be more placement happy then the big dot set up due to the fact the big dot cover more of your target

thanks for the help guys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top