Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2002 12:53:03 PM EDT
Local pawn shop has pre ban high cap glock 17 mags for $65 in pretty good shape. im pretty certain they are worth that if they are drop free, but that you can get new new NON drop free for about that same price. how can i tell if they are drop free by just looking at them. im interested in drop free for using them in a kel-tec i may soon get. He also had lots of LE only mags, but i know i better not even ask about them until 2004.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#1]
http://glockmeister.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/78/products_id/304
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
If there is a round cut out at the top of the back of the mag, it's a NFML.  If the cut out is squared, it's a FML.  That's the easy way.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Make sure they are genuine Glock factory mags and not an aftermarket distributer.  If they are glock mags, buy them regardless of whether they are drop free or not.  If they are ProMag or some other maker of mags, then they shouldn't even cost $65.  Another thing to keep in mind is that non drop free mags are designed not to drop free WHILE THE MAG IS LOADED.  They were built to swell when full as to not loose a mag if inadvertantly released.  However, most people have ruined them by keeping them loaded and warping the plastic permanently.  Test the mags and see if they free fall when released when empty.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 1:27:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
http://glockmeister.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/78/products_id/304

glockmeister.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/78/products_id/304
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top