Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2006 7:48:52 PM EDT
My G22 is a police trade in... it was pretty dirty on the inside when I first got it, but its cleaned up nice.  One of my friends bought it to go through the police academy, and I bought it to do the same from him... now its my duty weapon.     So in the last year its had at least 4K rounds through it, and I'm sure plenty more before that.

The trigger on it is getting pretty spongy... its not as crisp of a break or reset as my newer pistol.

I'd like to replace the parts myself, as it's my duty weapon and I don't have time to ship it to GLOCK and wait on it, and there are no events in my area that I know of that I can have an armorer look at it.

I need to order a couple things from EPS and they appear to have pretty good prices on stock GLOCK parts.  Are there any other websites I should look at?  Are there any that sell all the trigger parts as a kit for cheaper?

So...  Trigger Mechanisim Housing?  Trigger/Trigger Bar?  Springs?  (It has the stock springs/connecters and I'd like to keep it that way).  I planned on replacing most of the springs anyway.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:23:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I would get:
#5.5 connector(stock for the G22)
Trigger spring
Recoil guide rod assembly
Safety plunger spring
Depressor plunger spring
Firing pin spring

Unless you are having problems you don't need to replace the Trigger Mechanisim Housing(unless the connector falls out) or Trigger w/Trigger Bar(unless the trigger safety is not working).  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a New York Trigger spring (NY1) and a 3.5lb connector and you'll end up with a 5lb nominal trigger pull with decent crispness and a MUCH snappier reset.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:01:06 PM EDT
[#3]
You might try just replacing the recoil spring assembly first. When it starts to get weak, it can have some effect on the trigger feel, especially when dry firing.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:33:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Lumpy, I'm wanting to keep it all stock like it came, thanks for the suggestion though.

Hotrod,
All those parts are like 9 bucks alltogether, so I'll order them.   Thats not too bad, and I'd rather order all of that than just one little piece to save on shipping.

Thanks guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top