Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2006 6:16:46 PM EDT
Have a friend who is interested in one of these does anyone know if they are available in the US?  Are there any stores that stock these with a good price?  Did a bunch of google searches and didn't see it stocked anywhere.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#1]
i dont think they are availiable for us subjects
but you can buy a .380 conversion barrel from
lone wolf distributing   -------------------------->    This is Lone Wolf calling Wolf Den, over

i just happened to be looking at the barrel compatability chart yesterday on their site
hope that helps
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:27:23 PM EDT
[#2]
They are not legal for import/public sales.  There have been a few imported for law enforcement agencies but I have no idea why.  They are the same size as the 9mm's and .40's.  I can think of no good reason to purchase one unless someone is trying to get one of every model, except for the G18 of course.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#3]
The .380 glocks are more rare in the US than glock 18's.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:41:07 PM EDT
[#4]
They fit a specific European niche market.  Even if they could sell them here, demand would be extremely low.  The only reason they are even made is that in some countries, you cannot have guns chambered in military calibers, so no 9mm.

Ironically, they can't be imported to the US because they are not powerful ENOUGH!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never actually seen one. I imagine Glock could make a few simple changes to the design to get them enough points to import. But I doubt there would be much of a market. Who wants a fullsized pistol in only .380?

Personally I would love one...but then again I like strange guns.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the feedback had no idea they were so rare my friend wanted something a little easier to handle for his wife but guess glock isn't the route to go there.  I'll recommend he stick with a 9mm glock.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:59:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've never actually seen one.

How about 2????
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks for the feedback had no idea they were so rare my friend wanted something a little easier to handle for his wife but guess glock isn't the route to go there.  I'll recommend he stick with a 9mm glock.

From what I've heard, due to the way the .380's operate (straight blowback, not recoil), they actually have a larger felt-recoil than 9mm.  Good recommendation.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#9]
From what I've read, the 380s are targeted more towards South America now than Europe
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#10]
i had this big discussion/shit storm already

what i found out is the .380 GLOCKS do not meet the point requirements to be imported to the U.S
although the word of mouth  is that GLOCK is starting to make the Slides in a U.S plant and they will be available someimte soon,

although i think they are impractical like said by a previous poster, i know the only reason i would ever buy one is for the soul purpose of having every Glock model produced,

ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO GET A G18? witht he right forms completed and fee's paid for a Full auto liscense you can buy one right? where abouts could one find one?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#11]
A private citizen can not buy a G18. And no, you can't convert a Glock to full-auto legally.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
i had this big discussion/shit storm already

what i found out is the .380 GLOCKS do not meet the point requirements to be imported to the U.S
although the word of mouth  is that GLOCK is starting to make the Slides in a U.S plant and they will be available someimte soon,

although i think they are impractical like said by a previous poster, i know the only reason i would ever buy one is for the soul purpose of having every Glock model produced,

ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO GET A G18? witht he right forms completed and fee's paid for a Full auto liscense you can buy one right? where abouts could one find one?

You would need to get a Class III Special Occupational Taxpayer "license".  Note the word "occupational".  That means you would be acting as a dealer to make an income from selling NFA weapons.  Assuming you did get the license, The only way you could buy a G18 would be to get a letter from a suitable gov agency saying they are requesting that you obtain one for the purpose of demonstating it with the intention of possibly selling to the agency.  Then you would have to go about actually obtaining one by buying it from another dealer, or importing one.  The licenses cost $1000's per year to maintain, and you could only keep the gun as long as you have the license.

All this crap is meant to prevent you from having the license simply to "enhance your personal collection".  If you don't plan on actually running a business, there is no point in doing it, and they will take your license if they figure out you have it just for fun.

And since I didn't mention it, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LICENSE TO OWN FULL AUTO WEAPONS!  Only to sell them, or make them.  There are some guns made after a certain time (1986) that simply can't be sold to individuals.  The G18 is one of them.  There are none.

ETA:  Don't like it?  There are two major laws atanding in your way:  the 1986 law banning individual ownership of machineguns made after that date, and the 1968 Gun control act banning importation of foreign MG's for individuals to purchase.  '86 has a slim possibility of going away, but it's extremely slim.  There is no chance that the 68 GCA will go away.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:06:22 PM EDT
[#13]

is that GLOCK is starting to make the Slides in a U.S plant and they will be available someimte soon,

I've never seen any proof of that.....but it would be cool.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#14]

the word of mouth is that GLOCK is starting to make the Slides in a U.S plant and they will be available someimte soon,

Glock is making receivers(frames) in the US, not slides. The Tenifer process is not allowed in the US by the EPA.

Edit: spellin
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#15]
From every dicussion that I have heard on this subject the primary purpose of Glock 25 & 28 is for markets that civilians are not allowed to own firearms in military calibers.

Then again that could be internet lore....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top