Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2006 8:03:42 PM EDT
I want to put a ghost ring rear sight on one of my glocks. I have a G26 and a G23 and am thinking of buying a G34 or G35. I want to see some pictures of glocks with ghost rings. I also want to know if you like them. It will be mostly for the range. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:55:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I've used the following:  Trijicons, Meprolights, Aero-Tek, Novaks, Ashley Express 24/7, and Entreprise Arms ghost rings.  I thought I would like ghost rings, but here are a few observations.

They were not any quicker for me.  The only sights at close range that I've found faster than traditional profiled sights are the AO 24/7 express sights.  I have not used the Novak Ghost rear on a Glock (it's a ghost ring without the top half), but I have used them on 1911s, and find them to be the best combination of speed and accuracy.

The problem with the ghost rings for me is that they obscure too much target.  I know others who love them because they are similar to AR-15 sights, but they do not do it for me.  I actually prefer traditional sights to them.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top