Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2006 8:07:46 AM EDT
I am considering sending my G19 to Arotek for their mag release installation (the one where they modify the frame).  Does anyone have  this installed?  Do you like it?  Pictures?  Turnaround time?  Their website does not give me confidence?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's a pic of my wifes G27 with one done about 5-6yrs ago, we both like it, it works with all 5 mags we have for it and ever G23 mag I've tried in it. It doesn't seem to chew up the mags any, I did it mainly so I could have it NP3'd (I know, just for looks. but it's my.......I mean wifes gun). Nowadays I prefer the factory extended release, mainly because I can install it instead of sending it off. Their service has always been top-notch and turnaround time was always fairly quick (1-2wks). Hope this helps some?

teamroper
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Here's a pic of my wifes G27 with one done about 5-6yrs ago, we both like it, it works with all 5 mags we have for it and ever G23 mag I've tried in it. It doesn't seem to chew up the mags any, I did it mainly so I could have it NP3'd (I know, just for looks. but it's my.......I mean wifes gun). Nowadays I prefer the factory extended release, mainly because I can install it instead of sending it off. Their service has always been top-notch and turnaround time was always fairly quick (1-2wks). Hope this helps some?

www.hunt101.com/img/386271.jpg

teamroper

Nice looking weapon!  I currently have the  extended release from glockmeister installed.  But wonder if Arotek's is less obtrusive.  Think that I am going to send it out.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:09:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I installed this one myself, just takes a Dremmel tool and some patience.  
The trick is to only grind away a little and try to insert the mag release.
That way you won't cut away too much and hate yourself in the morning.
On this pistol I like it a whole hell of alot better than any of the other extended releases.
All the others seem to cut into my hand while I am shooting.
I also fitted one of these on my G-30 and love it as well.
Hope this helps.  matt
(oh and I have since gotten rid of the factory +2 on this, fearing a "speed unload",
 it now has an Arredondo +5)

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#4]
UPDATE

I sent out the receiver and magazine to AROTEK on Monday last week via 3 day UPS.  It was received by them Thursday and returned today (Wednesday).  So turn-around was about a week and a half.  (weekend added a couple days)

Very pleased with the fit and finish of the mag release.  Magazines snap into place with a solid "click" and the profile blends well with the grip of the weapon.  Overall, $59.00 well spent.  

Debating on whether to send my beater 22 in as well.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:45:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I knew you'd like it!

teamroper
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:35:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I think that I just needed to get used to the thought of sending the frame out with the hope that it did not get lost and the permenant alteration they would do to the frame.  I appreciate all the advice.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:49:24 PM EDT
[#7]
that looks pretty dang good, can you give me their info, I might send some business their way
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:53:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:56:18 PM EDT
[#9]
How well does that work for lefties?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Teamroper, was your 27 backstrap's cutdown or just textured. Who did the work?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I dunno, I'm right handed.  But a firm grip using my left hand does not drop a mag.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Teamroper, was your 27 backstrap's cutdown or just textured. Who did the work?

Just textured by Robar.

Texture only......$75
Round & Texture trigger guard.......$40

www.robarguns.com

teamroper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top