Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2006 1:01:31 PM EDT
I contacted them today and they said their grip texturing is an over layment process with no heat involved.  It seems to me that it could flake off.  Anyone know how durable the stuff is?  I would consider doing it myself but I already am going to have them NP3 the slide and internals.  For another 75 I might as well have the grip done.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:28:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had Robars do my wifes G27, stippled the grip, under the trigger guard, rounded the trigger guard, stipple the front of the trigger guard and stippled 5 factory Glock "oldstyle" +2 mag base pads. So, to answer your question, their stippling is top notch, it's been 5-6yrs, no flaking, I don't see how it could. It's a very good feeling grip surface. I also had them NP3 the slide, barrel, slide stop, take down lever and pins!

You won't be disappointed!

I used to have pic's posted on here, but when hunt101.com went down I've never posted any more!

teamroper
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#2]
What Robar does is not actually stippling but a product applied over the factory surface.  I prefer actual stippling but the Robar stuff seems to be a very good & durable product.  If it was more to my liking I wouldn't hesitate getting it done.  If you like it, go for it!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What Robar does is not actually stippling but a product applied over the factory surface.  I prefer actual stippling but the Robar stuff seems to be a very good & durable product.  If it was more to my liking I wouldn't hesitate getting it done.  If you like it, go for it!

Whatever Robar did to mine, I really like it and it's been very durable!

teamroper
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Hope these pics help!

teamroper
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:45:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Robar has refinished 3 of my Glocks and 1 Sig.............................. and I couldn't be happier!

teamroper
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:08:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help.  I think I am going to go for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top