Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 7:53:14 PM EDT
Is this pistol worth buying? Im looking to buy a used glock 22 from the 2nd generation for $375. I really want the new generation glock because it looks nicer, but is the quality of the new glock and the 2nd gen. glock have about the same reliability, accuracy, quality?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:52:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Get Both!!

The best thing to do is handle both. Some people like the finger groves and others do not. If it is going to be used for home defense, the light rail comes in handy. If price is a concern, try summitgunbroker.com He has some 3rd gereration police trade-ins that were $365 but that does not include shipping and transfer fees.  I have a 2 generation 22 that was for range use (LE trade in) and the only thing I did was add a extended slide stop. A buddy of mine just sold his to buy a 23 but he never had any problems with his either. Most of the ones at summit are rebuilt by Glock so all worn parts should be replaced. Hope it helps.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:48:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm going to support what Al Bundy already told you:

As far as accuracy, quality and reliability go I don't think you'd give anything up if you bought the 2nd generation but if you're going to using the gun for home defense you might want the light rail of the 3rd generation.  Some people don't like the finger groves of the 3rd gens so make sure that isn't an issue for you.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:26:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the look and the finger grooves of the 3rd gen, but probably will hate the feeling. a glock is a glock, i dont plan to use laser or lights because i dont beleive in giving away my position at night. I just need a glock 22 and if all the generations are reliable, then I wouldnt think twice on buying a old G22. I just really hate the ugly old style. Also, why do all these LE dept. trade in their glocks? What pistol is better than a glock pistol? I'd like to know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top