Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 9:16:53 AM EDT
Hi, anybody know how "Lefty" you can make a glock? is it possible to move the mag release to the right side of the gun?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:55:13 AM EDT
[#1]
No, it's not possible to swap the mag release out.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:07:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Funny question coming from the "left" coast as you are......

FWIW, I shoot all my Glocks left and right handed at varying times and have never had any issues with the mag release, I simply use my trigger finger (left index) to work the mag release.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#3]
One of the main reasons I picked up a Glock was that I didn't have to add or change stuff to use it left-handed. So far, I LOVE it...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#4]
http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=13&t=27205
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the link!

like the man said : "Before you start shooting, the boards search feature sucks(crippled)."
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:44:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
thanks for the link!

like the man said : "Before you start shooting, the boards search feature sucks(crippled)."

Man? Why thank you for the compliment, but I'm only 18. Far from a man..... maturity is more than a number.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#7]
As a lefty, I prefer the mag release where it is.  In fact, I think it's more left friend that righty.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a lefty and the Glock has become my primary handgun.  I just use my trigger finger like has been said previously, to dump my mags.  The only problem I have is when I wear gloves, occassionaly it's harder to effectively depress the release.  I think this would easily be solved using an aftermarket replacement release...I'm going to try that.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:46:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I carry a Glock at work and had trouble with the slide release using my trigger finger. Some righties had trouble with it as well as it pushes into the slide slightly if it is pushed in instead of straight down.

You can add an enlarged slide release, which is far superior in every aspect regardless of which hand you use. There are also at least 3 different magazine releases available, each one thicker and thus projecting further from the grip allowing easier engagement with the middle finger of the left hand or the index finger of the right hand.

I hope this helps, it sux being a left handed shooter but I love watching righties fumble around when firing weak handed while we finally get to shoot without having to fight using our weak hand and the engineering of the gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top