Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 7:21:09 PM EDT
I'll be clearing out my G19 to streamline my carry pistol selection (safety levers, C&L SAO) but I already feel the emotional distress of missing G19 dearly.

This is the perfect carry gun, and I know it.  But but but $$$ is tight and I'm sure I'll be missing her.  Aaargghhh.  On the positive side though, you guys will have another Glock convert

So, it looks like I'll be going the USPc route.  Given the chance, would you go the USP compact route?

I just feel wrong sinful to sell my Glock 19, it's a weird feeling.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:05:16 PM EDT
[#1]
You feel wrong because the Glock-fu in your body is trying to tell you something.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:32:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Um...why did you dump your G19 for a USPc?  Why didn't you dump the USPc instead?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#3]
You should keep the G19 and skip getting the USPc.

BTW, I agree that it is the perfect carry gun. That's why I carry one.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:59:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Generally I would call you names and make fun of you but in this case I have a USP9c that I'll trade you for that G19!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:57:32 AM EDT
[#5]
If you are tight on money and want to experiment, go ahead. You can always trade back at another time. First-hand experience is worth more than a few bucks lost in a trade.
Experimentation brought me to Glocks and 1911s. How would I have found their merits without first hand experience? Personal preference and physical traits are different from person to person.
The price of ignorance is higher than the price of experimenting around.

America would have never been found if Columbus would have contended himself with the beautiful southern Europe.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:12:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I've also got a USP9c I'd trade for the G19...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'll be clearing out my G19 to streamline my carry pistol selection (safety levers, C&L SAO) but I already feel the emotional distress of missing G19 dearly.

This is the perfect carry gun, and I know it.  But but but $$$ is tight and I'm sure I'll be missing her.  Aaargghhh.  On the positive side though, you guys will have another Glock convert

So, it looks like I'll be going the USPc route.  Given the chance, would you go the USP compact route?

I just feel wrong sinful to sell my Glock 19, it's a weird feeling.

]

emotional support?
shut up.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#9]
You will be so fucking sorry.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:35:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you get rid of it, you will just end up buying another later.

That is true.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:38:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Get some liquor, this will not be easy.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:04:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

plus 1
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:00:23 AM EDT
[#13]
This is an amazingly bad and or stupid idea.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:04:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Truth spoken./\ /\ /\
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:38:29 AM EDT
[#15]
You think you feel bad now, just wait when you don't have it anymore.

I feel this will be a bad idea, based upon my experience selling my G22, my USP45, my K9, etc...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:05:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
This is an amazingly bad and or stupid idea.

+1 and I've had both. The USPC does nothing better than the G19 and a lot worse.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:12:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Wassa matta wit you foo?

Let's see...I sold my G17 to get a G21 last year and recently purchased another G17.

Take my advice - keep it and try to come up with another option to obtain the $$$ you need to get through. You're actually on the loosing end of the stick if you go ahead with the sale.

Hope things work out...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for all the advice...the USPc just looks more sophisticated and cool.  Plus I just got it so I can't trade it off.  Must find a new purpose for this gun or it will go to the dark place in the safe and never see the light of the day...and I do have a FAL addiction on top of everything else.

did I also mention I shoot Glocks the best?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:44:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

+1 they always come crawling back sooner or later
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Hello everyone, My name is Matt....and I have an addiction. Today, 3/9/2006 I went out and purchased a Glock 19, for the  3rd  time.

When I went home, my girlfriend was very supportive. She said I told you so, and then she made me a grilled cheese sandwich and we "talked" about my addiction to Glock.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:56:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
the USPc just looks more sophisticated and cool.  

did I also mention I shoot Glocks the best?

This should be your answer right there. You like the look of the USP but you shoot the Glock better. Do you have a CCW to potentially save your life, or to feel "tactical"?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
the USPc just looks more sophisticated and cool.

You can't just throw something like that out there and not expect a whippin!

You intend to "streamline your carry pistol selection" based on the looks of the gun?

Aside from that being a questionable way of chosing a piece of lifesaving equipment, you do realize that this "sophisticated and cool"-looking gun is going to be hidden from view, right?

But I guess it will look cool when you're doing your best "Taxi Driver" in the mirror.

Sell that USPc and buy two used G19s! You can thank me later.

Whoops, I guess this isn't the emotional support you were asking for!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#23]
The only way I'd give up my G19 would be to get one with the OD frame. Even then I'm thinkin' I'd just buy a new one and have two. My G19 is pretty much welded at the top of my "never sell" list.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:36:36 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Hello everyone, My name is Matt....and I have an addiction. Today, 3/9/2006 I went out and purchased a Glock 19, for the  3rd  time.

When I went home, my girlfriend was very supportive. She said I told you so, and then she made me a grilled cheese sandwich and we "talked" about my addiction to Glock.

The first step is admitting the problem... but I don't see Glock addiction as a problem. Hi everyone... My name is Chris and I've had as many as 15 Glocks in my safe at one time...
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:30:29 PM EDT
[#25]
I've got your "emotional support" right here in front of your depressing thread.

Don't be a fool!!

--VT
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:44:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Umm...NO

Keep the Glock...screw everything else.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:33:06 PM EDT
[#27]
If you get rid of it call

1-800-WHA AAAA
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Keep the Glock...it doesn't look so tacticool like the USPc, but I bet it runs...all the time.  And besides, you said you shoot best with it.  WTF are you thinking???  Get your head out of your ass and start thinking practiCAL instead of practiCOOL.  

Besides, if Chuck Norris ever needed a handgun (but we all know he doesn't since he shot down a German plane as a child by pointing his index finger at it and saying "bang")...it would surely be a Glock, anything else would corrode in the presence of his aura...and buckle under the pressure of his kung-fu grip.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#29]
My 19 would be the LAST gun I would sell.

And I would basically need to be naked and starving before that would ever happen.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#30]
cant believe you would give up the best carry gun int he world for a USP cause it looks cooler,

you must be one of those guys that carries a gun to be cool, one of those guys that makes sure he bends just right so he can show off he "cool" gun to everyone, the kind of guy who almost looks for trouble so he can be the guy in the newspaper involved with a gunfight!

IF YOU ARENT THIS KIND OF GUY THEN DONT GET RID OF A PERFECTLY GOOD FIREARM THAT WITHOUT A DOUBT IS THE BETTER HALF OF YOU FOR A bETTER LOOKING GUN WITH MORE GIZMOS AND GADGETS THAT"LOOOK COOL" BUT IN REALITY ARE JUST MORE MOVING PARTS AND PIECES THAT COULD MALFUNCTION!

DAMN YOU KNOW YOU GONNA BUY IT AND SAY DAMN I GUESS I WILL CARRY THE g19 TODAY!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:06:14 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Thanks for all the advice...the USPc just looks more sophisticated and cool.
<snip>
did I also mention I shoot Glocks the best?hr

good, who cares how well you can shoot it?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:07:04 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

And I would basically need to be naked and starving before that would ever happen.

+1
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

I would get rid of my evil rifles and everything else before I sold the GLOCK 19.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#34]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

+1

+10
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:10:46 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

I would get rid of my evil rifles and everything else before I sold the GLOCK 19.

Ehh, my G19 would put up a good fight, but it would ultimately lose out to the AUG A2.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:29:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Every time you sell a GLOCK, God squeezes another kitten to death.

Save the kittens!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:03:12 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

America would have never been found if Columbus would have contended himself with the beautiful southern Europe.

Columbus did not discover America. I am pretty sure my people were already here.

lenni lenape
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:17:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks folks, both you and I know you all are right, but I'm gonna fill the void left by G19 with 3 EBRs.  Maybe that will bring some much needed solace

Oh yeah, with that USPc, I was all over the target today, I don't know if it's the gun or me not being used to the trigger.  I found 4 holes out of 13 shot at 25 yds on the paper
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Thanks folks, both you and I know you all are right, but I'm gonna fill the void left by G19 with 3 EBRs.  Maybe that will bring some much needed solace

Oh yeah, with that USPc, I was all over the target today, I don't know if it's the gun or me not being used to the trigger.  I found 4 holes out of 13 shot at 25 yds on the paper

We will have no sympathy for your sorry ass when you come back here whining in a month.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#40]
I still have my G17

I still drink Kool Aid.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:05:19 PM EDT
[#41]
+1 on no sympathy
you di the wrong now will you admit you were wrong?

as to being all ove rthe target, "once you go GLOCk you cant cant go back" so keep that in mind when you end up trading that "pretty" USP back for a GLOCK

haha
good luck with the paper
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#42]
The damage has already been done...

meanwhile I suffer stoically.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:56:44 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
The damage has already been done...

meanwhile I suffer stoically.

They still haven't locked your account?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top