Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 11:43:47 AM EDT
All right you Glock Docs out there-   My g27 fails to cycle properly.  The slide goes back and stays there requiring you to pull it back another 1/2 inch or so for it to pick up a round and go forward.  Just took off the extended slide release to see if that is the problem.  I don't think it is because the it is not engaged when the problem happens, about every 4 rounds or so (sometimes more, sometimes less!)  Any suggestions, I would like to have that vaunted Glock reliability instead of this jamomatic

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of mags are you using....Stock glock...aftermarket....modified stock glock...Grip extensions...
And what kind of ammo??
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you need to change ammo? Try a couple different types and see if that is your problem.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you put the pins back in the correct order when you installed/took out your slide stop lever?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
All right you Glock Docs out there-   My g27 fails to cycle properly.  The slide goes back and stays there requiring you to pull it back another 1/2 inch or so for it to pick up a round and go forward.  Just took off the extended slide release to see if that is the problem.  I don't think it is because the it is not engaged when the problem happens, about every 4 rounds or so (sometimes more, sometimes less!)  Any suggestions, I would like to have that vaunted Glock reliability instead of this jamomatic
  [/quote

Remove any items that aren't factory to include magazine extensions and extended slide releases.  This should solve your problem assuming you have a good lock up when firing.  Let us know how this works.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:53:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Did you put the pins back in the correct order when you installed/took out your slide stop lever?

+1

Sounds like the extended slide release was installed wrong. I've seen this happen when the spring is above the 1st pin instead of underneath it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:37:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Sounds like the extended slide release was installed wrong. I've seen this happen when the spring is above the 1st pin instead of underneath it.

+2 i have also witnessed un-intended actuating of the slide stop when firing by a newbie shooter due to their grip
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:27:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Since it is not every round but every fourth or so round that keeps the slide open, I do not think that it is a wrongly installed slide stop lever spring. I think it is your thumb keeping it open. My older son does that once in a while, transitioning from a 1911.

Take masking tape, or so, tape the lever  over  thickly - or keep your right hand thumb all the way down and try again.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Since it is not every round but every fourth or so round that keeps the slide open, I do not think that it is a wrongly installed slide stop lever spring. I think it is your thumb keeping it open. My older son does that once in a while, transitioning from a 1911.

Take masking tape, or so, tape the lever  over  thickly - or keep your right hand thumb all the way down and try again.

Not necessarily. I personally witnessed one that was locking the slide back 2-3 times a mag (every 5-7 rounds).  Eventually he ran a mag where it locked about about every 2-3 rounds and that is when we took it apart, found the spring was over the #1 pin. We fixed it and he hasn't had a problem since.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#9]
It's not my grip, I know that for a fact, cause I was very careful not to touch the lever when shooting and it still happened.  Definitely not the ammo, happens with Wolf, white box, winchester rangers etc.  I have a feeling that the extended lever was installed incorrectly, I put the original back on and will try it again tomorrow.  Wish me luck
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It's not my grip, I know that for a fact, cause I was very careful not to touch the lever when shooting and it still happened.  Definitely not the ammo, happens with Wolf, white box, winchester rangers etc.  I have a feeling that the extended lever was installed incorrectly, I put the original back on and will try it again tomorrow.  Wish me luck

Good luck and be sure to update us after you get back from the range.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#11]
looks like Operator Head Spacing
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
....requiring you to pull it back another 1/2 inch or so for it to pick up a round and go forward.  

Guys, no offense but the G26/G27/G33 slide can only be moved about 1/8" to the rear after the slide locks open and at that point the pickup rail is already behind the round. Have you let someone else shoot the G27? Just by your discription above I have a good idea what is going on, but I would like to see what it does if someone else shoots it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:55:54 AM EDT
[#13]
OK went to the range and it still  jammed.  This time it would fail to feed a round from the mag, slide would almost close but not quite....tried a normal grip,  death grip, left handed, right handed, limp wrist, same problem... Met my bud who is  a Glock armorer and he took it apart, the CHROME WAS FLAKING OFF THE PLUNGER  and jamming it up...Is this a common   problem?   Makes me a little leery of this gun....
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:07:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Not the direction I was going but glad that you might have found the problem. Some safety plungers will start to chip the chrome after years of use but no, it is not a common problem  that I have seen.    
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Well this Glock is less than one year old and has been fired a total of around 1000 rounds, and has been well cared for.  Not exactly confidence inspiring......
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:31:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
OK went to the range and it still  jammed.  This time it would fail to feed a round from the mag, slide would almost close but not quite....tried a normal grip,  death grip, left handed, right handed, limp wrist, same problem... Met my bud who is  a Glock armorer and he took it apart, the CHROME WAS FLAKING OFF THE PLUNGER  and jamming it up...Is this a common   problem?   Makes me a little leery of this gun....

Are you using any type of magazine extension...+1 or +2?  Have you made any other modifications
or added any enhancements?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I have stock mags, mags with extensions, every combo you can think of...mags are not the problem....CHROME FLAKING OFF THE PLUNGER  is the problem
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Throwing a tantrum in the forum isn't going to help anything, bite the bullet, contact Glock and arrange to have it sent in to get looked at.  -dok
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#19]
I am sure chrome flaking off is not your problem, but since you have
made up your mind...good luck.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:41:20 AM EDT
[#20]
First of all, speaking selectively with emphasis is not throwing a tantrum.  I did not do so to demean any suggestions, after all, that is what I was here for.  I did so to convey how unusual and dissapointing that defect was to me.  Second, I have not decided that the chrome is the problem, a Glock armorer has.   Third, that is a gun I depend on as my backup, so my dissapointment in it having an obvious defect is not, I think, unusual or misplaced.   The reason I bought a Glock was the reputation for quality, durability and reliability.   Your suggestion to send it back to the Glock factory is obviously a viable one, but does little to ease my misgivings over a weapon that I may one day depend upon to save my life.   I prospectively apologize to all those who take this current post as a tantrum, and are offended.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:08:24 AM EDT
[#21]
IndyNJ, I probably did throw the word "tantrum" out there prematurely, as I felt you were here more to rant and patronize glock's, which your last post shows was not your intention. My apologies! I assure you the fact that you're having trouble with you're glock is a rare anamoly, but the good thing in you're case is Glock is always willing to step to the plate and take care of any malfunctions or defects. -dok
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top