Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 5:48:46 PM EDT
How left-hand friendly are glocks? Before you start shooting, the boards search feature sucks(crippled).
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Very.   A lefty doesnt suffer any ergonomic disadvantage with a glock.  The mag realease is BETTER accomplished with the index finger of the shooting left hand, rather than the thumb of the right hand.  For the slide release you can used the side of your left index finger or the slide-over-hand method.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:47:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Very.   A lefty doesnt suffer any ergonomic disadvantage with a glock.  The mag realease is BETTER accomplished with the index finger of the shooting left hand, rather than the thumb of the right hand.  For the slide release you can used the side of your left index finger or the slide-over-hand method.  

Thank you very much.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I am a lefty and carry a G19.

Glocks are very lefty friendly. The mag release is very easy to use with the trigger finger, and I don't use the slide release anyway as I prefer the "slingshot" method.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:13:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am a lefty and carry a G19.

Glocks are very lefty friendly. The mag release is very easy to use with the trigger finger, and I don't use the slide release anyway as I prefer the "slingshot" method.

That is exactly what I was going to type.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Another satisfied lefty.  I use my middle finger to hit mag release & use slingshot method.  I have trouble useing my thumb when shooting right handed & couln't imagine doing it all the time. I say leftys have it better.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:23:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Lefty with a G23 here. No problems.

Crimson Trace Lasers, however, persent a bit more of a challenge, but I just had to adjust from high-thumb to lower-thumb.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:22:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Me too. 26 and 19, no trouble.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Lefty here who's owned 17, 19, 20, 29, and 35 - never had a problem at all.  The extended mag release is a little uncomfortable on the G35, but the standard one is only like $6 from Top Glock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top