Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 11:12:46 AM EDT
I screwed up the plastic sight on my G19 the other day, letting a friend handle it.  I got the front sight replaced, but it got me thinking that I am going to look for a set of night sights, like all my other handguns have, or get a set of these Crimson Trace grip lasers.  Anyone have a set of them, and if so, how do you like them?

Anyone know where the cheapest place I could get a set with decent speed shipping?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Id contact these guys:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=89&t=320409

and see what kind of price they can offer you on a 19 CT setup.

i intend on giveing them a call in about a week for a CT laser for both my G30 and G26.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#2]
lasers increase the chance of a KB. just buy a 1911 and get rid of the glock.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
lasers increase the chance of a KB. just buy a 1911 and get rid of the glock.

BAH!!! I got rid of my only 1911 type pistol to get a glock. Was tired of the damn Para jamming. I kindly named it the JAM_O_MATIC before tradeing it off for a Glock 30... Kinda funny how the only KB my G30 has had is the one when the bullet leaves the barrel. Not a single malfunction unlike the picky Para...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:18:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
.....the chance of a KB.....

KB = Killing Bad-guy  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Id contact these guys:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=89&t=320409

and see what kind of price they can offer you on a 19 CT setup.

i intend on giveing them a call in about a week for a CT laser for both my G30 and G26.

Thank you
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Get rid of your GLOCK or else it'll KABOOM!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Get rid of your GLOCK or else it'll KABOOM!

I know, but I think one of the coolest things I could ever own is a lager guided hand grenade.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:50:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Who has a set of them, and how do you like them?  How bright is the laser, and how easy is it to sight them in?  Can you get batteries somewhere locally, or do you have to get them from Crimson Trace?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:20:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
.... and how do you like them?.....

So far they are great. Holds POA better then I thought they might.

......How bright is the laser....

Very bright(as bright as what the law will allow)

.... and how easy is it to sight them in?...

Simple, just install the Laser, pick a point with the factory sight picture and adjust the laser to that point with the supplied allen wrench.

.....Can you get batteries somewhere locally,....

Just about anywhere they are #CR2032

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:49:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I can say I got to fondel a glock i believe 23 with the CT  at Dennys Guns in MO. It was awesome, I tempted to go and snatch up a new g19 w/ CT set up.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:32:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Thank you for the responses, I think I am definately going to be picking up a set now.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:42:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Get the night sights plus the CT grips.  I have a set of Ct grips for my 19 and my 26 and love them to death.  However, they aren't a replacement for a solid sight picture and having the night sights in place cant do anything but help you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:04:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Get the night sights plus the CT grips.  I have a set of Ct grips for my 19 and my 26 and love them to death.  However, they aren't a replacement for a solid sight picture and having the night sights in place cant do anything but help you.

I will eventually do that.  I did get the front sight fixed with factory sights for now, but getting this laser will be my new toy to play with, and I have wanted one for one of my handguns for a while now.

How tough are these crimson trace lasers?  I dont plan on beating it up or anything, but does it hold up well to general use/maybe getting slightly banged around here and there?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:53:20 AM EDT
[#14]
I have had a CT laser grips on my 92FS for years and years.  They have taken tons of abuse and thousands of rounds.  I zeroed them at 20 feet the day I installed them, and haven't touched the adjustments since then.  They are truly awesome.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Will installing CT on your GLOCK(s) affect the holster size?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I carry mine all the time and hit them against items from time to time and havent had an issue with them getting thorwn off or anything.

Holster selction really isnt effected excpet for holsters that allow the pistol to ride deep within the hlster.  For those, you may need to cut a small notch out of the holster to allow the pistol to slide fully indie the holster.  So far I've only had this issue with a leather Don Hume IWB (all my 6004s, 6280s, Blade-Tech's aren't effected)
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I carry mine all the time and hit them against items from time to time and havent had an issue with them getting thorwn off or anything.

Holster selction really isnt effected excpet for holsters that allow the pistol to ride deep within the hlster.  For those, you may need to cut a small notch out of the holster to allow the pistol to slide fully indie the holster.  So far I've only had this issue with a leather Don Hume IWB (all my 6004s, 6280s, Blade-Tech's aren't effected)

Good to know.  When I go carry that handgun (not very often really), I use a cheap belt slide holster that works really well for me.  I havent gotten around to buying a quality holster for the 19, or my 30.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:21:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Okay, I have a dilemma.  

Do you all think I should go ahead and get the crimson trace laser, or should I send in my M4gery to ADCO to have the mini-y cut off and replaced with a phantom, also getting a Blue Force Gear contractor pack and an H buffer?

Having a hard time deciding what I should do, and no, I cannot get both.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Okay, I have a dilemma.  

Do you all think I should go ahead and get the crimson trace laser, or should I send in my M4gery to ADCO to have the mini-y cut off and replaced with a phantom, also getting a Blue Force Gear contractor pack and an H buffer?

I say send the M4gery to ADCO.........but that's just my opinion.
I think the M4gery would be getting a better upgrade than the Glock.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Okay, I have a dilemma.  

I say send the M4gery to ADCO.........but that's just my opinion.
I think the M4gery would be getting a better upgrade than the Glock.

Thats what I think I am going to do.  I am going to wait a couple of weeks though, to wait for them to get the phantom flash hiders back in stock.  The Crimson Trace is definately on my wish list though.

In other news, I did trade a used Glock 30 of mine with a bunch of mags straight across for a springfield loaded today
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:08:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Here is C4iGrant's personal G19: www.gandrtactical.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2639
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top