Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 5:04:53 AM EDT
Maybe someone can tell me why the slide will not seperate from the frame in the normal manner after I installed the NY1 spring in my Glock 17.I had to remove the slide cover plate to get it off!Is this normal for this trigger spring?I was useing the stock 5.5lb connector.I think I had it installed correctly,When I replaced the NY1 spring with my stock 5.5lb coil spring the slide lock operated as it should and I was able to remove the slide without a problem.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:13:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Make sure when you install the NY trigger spring that it is pushed down all the way until it snaps.

As far as the slide not coming off, it is normal to have some resistance when removing the slide with the NY spring. You shouldn't have to force it too much but I would say it's ok to give it a little extra force and it should come off.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:29:30 AM EDT
[#2]
roadrash

When you have a NY1 or NY2 trigger spring installed you will have to hold the trigger to the rear in order to remove the slide. The NY springs put upward tension on the trigger bar interfering with normal slide removal.    
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:18:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys,I will reinstall the NY1 spring and try again!This time I will try holding back on the trigger while removeing the slide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top