Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 6:20:47 AM EDT
I put a finger groove sleeve on my G22 when I got it and never thought much about it.
I like the way the finger grooves felt on other handguns I own so I just assumed it made sense on this weapon as well. I have been plagued with accuracy problems on the Glock and in speaking with a seasoned Glock guy, he suggested taking the grip off to get a more solid hold on the weapon. Any one else care to chime in? Is it a personal preference thing or could that grip really make a difference?

I plan to try out a few hundred rounds later today or tomorrow without it and see how that goes.
Just curious what other experiences have been.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I recently removed the one on my G21 and my groups tightened up a bit...
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:35:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I recently removed the one on my G21 and my groups tightened up a bit...

Same results with my 21  ...grip tape was no issue
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:30:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I am no friend of the grip sleeves, when they warm up or get wet, they do slip a little. But I never noticed a deterioration in accuracy with mine. On a G21, it might just make the grip even larger, making it harder to get a good, consistent grip.

When you shoot for groups it is not really helpful to fire hundreds of rounds.
Take your time and watch your gun after every shot, see where you came off and try to correct it. For accuracy 50 rounds are usually enough for me, while for speed and plinking I can easily go through 500.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top