Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2006 9:53:35 PM EDT
Anybody have an opinion on the quality of the aftermarket 29 round mags for the .40 s&w glocks?

I was thinking I'd pick a couple up just to have.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:32:11 AM EDT
[#1]
i got two of the schere(sp?) mags and they are fun to have and really opens eyes at the range inserted into my g27

a few ftf but its aftermarket and for range/giggle use only.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:37:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I have several of the 40(29rd) mags and they do get everyone’s attention when you start dumping rds at the range . I also have one of Scherer's 27rd mag for my G21 and when the 45 brass flies at the range most ppl in the next two lanes start complaining about all the brass . If you want one for 9mm get the factory 33rd mag. The 10mm & 9mm from Scherer are still problematic!

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got two for my G22.  I've never had a problem out of them.  I've fired a few HP(starfires, silvertips and gold dots) but mostly ball ammo.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:47:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one of the Scheer 9mm 30+ round magazines.  I didn't work for me; the rounds would fall out of the top of the magazine.  I tried to clean out the plastic flashing inside of the magazine, but it was of no help.

If I buy another one of these mega-round magazines, it'll be a factory Glock.  Good luck with your's.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, guys.  Sounds like I'll hang onto my money.  I'm glad I asked!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:21:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a .40 mag.  Works pretty good, but doesn't have a last round hold open.  Also causes problems in my buddies Keltec carbine.

Not great, kindof expensive, but good for some kicks...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top