Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 12:15:50 PM EDT
http://www.xssights.com/sightimages.html

I am kicking around putting these on my G22 duty weapon.  I am hesitant too cause I shoot really well with traditional 'square' sights.

Does anyone have any pratical experience with these sights?
Are they accurate enough to hit a pop can size target at 25 yards? (about the size of a 10 ring)  

I know those are pretty vauge questions, but with my old night sights that are on there now I do well.  They are just fading cause they are so old......they are the ol PoT sights.  I believe that company is closed now.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one of those big dots on my Sig and could blast Coke cans at 20 yards.  Not a problem.  But I couldn't translate that accuracy on paper  Even at 10 yds, my paper groups were not pretty...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I have them on a few guns.  They're very good.

But you already shoot your current type of sights well.  If it ain't broke...

What these sights are great at, and presumably why you want them on a duty weapon, is for very fast sight picture acquisition immediately after drawing from holster.  They're good sights if you tend to point your gun and look over the top of the front sight, which a lot of folks find themselves doing.  They're also great for rapid fire, you never lose the front sight.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:25:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I had them on a G30 I carried concealed and they were excellent for that but I wouldn't put them on my personal duty weapon because it might make my hits suffer while shooting at 50yds during qualifications and using it at farther distances at work vs. spitting distance situations I might encounter off-duty.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:09:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Just found the P-T sight company "Inovative Weaponry Inc."

I talked to a customer service rep and they have gotten a new tritium source now.  I have sent my slide to them so they can replace the tritium and am ordering another set for a friend.  I went with the Red/Green/Red system.

Like someone said, If it's not broke, don't fix it.
KC

here's the website

www.ptnightsights.com/color.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top