Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2006 9:26:48 AM EDT
I hope I don't catch too much flak for this but I'm looking to get front serrations on my G20 and have it matte hard chromed.  Can someone post a picture or direct me to some?  Any info on refinishing Glocks and who does the best work would be appreciated.  I'm considering    trippresearch.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:34:10 AM EDT
[#2]
There was a company called Checkmate in Florida that was doing chrome slides they do good work but not sure if they are still around.. you can get the chrome in mirror polish, matte, or brushed (which looks just like stainless steel)  Best of luck
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I hope I don't catch to much flak for this but I'm looking to get front serrations on my G20 and have it matte hard chromed.  Can someone post a picture or direct me to some?  Any info on refinishing Glocks and who does the best work would be appreciated.  I'm considering trippresearch.

I'm not a big fan of having my hand near the muzzle of a loaded weapon so I don't have the front serrations but I do have 2 Glocks with h.chrome matt finish slides. Both were done by Lone Wolf for $125ea IIRC.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hope I don't catch to much flak for this but I'm looking to get front serrations on my G20 and have it matte hard chromed.  Can someone post a picture or direct me to some?  Any info on refinishing Glocks and who does the best work would be appreciated.  I'm considering trippresearch.

I'm not a big fan of having my hand near the muzzle of a loaded weapon so I don't have the front serrations but I do have 2 Glocks with h.chrome matt finish slides. Both were done by Lone Wolf for $125ea IIRC.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/hotrod9mm/G23-2-1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/hotrod9mm/G24C.jpg

Nice Glocks
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:40:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the photos and replies.  HotRod, Did you have the extractors hard chromed also?  If so, have you had any issues with them since?  I'm still leaning torwards tripp research.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:52:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Tripp Research.  'Nuff said.  I think they do the best hard-chrome in the industry and it's not that shiny stuff, it's a very muted, almost brushed, chrome.  Really easy to clean too.  MJD
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
.......HotRod, Did you have the extractors hard chromed also?  ......

No, if you ever have to replace it, it's not worth having such a small part re-h.chromed all by itself. The G24 was done in '95 and the G32C in '98, neither have any sign of use. The G24 has 40k+ rds through it and the G32C almost 30k. I carry the G32C daily, either with the "C" barrel or my extra G23 barrel.    
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:35:38 AM EDT
[#8]
tag

i wanted to send my 23 to trippresearch for the hardchrome. they quoted me $80 for one slide
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:21:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
tag

i wanted to send my 23 to trippresearch for the hardchrome. they quoted me $80 for one slide

That sounds about right.  Tripp's Cobra Chrome is an amazingly strong material.  I don't think that is too bad for the quality of the coating you get.  Here's a pic of a Beretta 92G Elite that was done in Tripp's chrome.  The mags and all steel parts were also done in chrome.  MJD

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tag

That sounds about right.  Tripp's Cobra Chrome is an amazingly strong material.  I don't think that is too bad for the quality of the coating you get.  Here's a pic of a Beretta 92G Elite that was done in Tripp's chrome.  The mags and all steel parts were also done in chrome.  MJD

www.hunt101.com/img/380327.jpg

That is FREAKING SWEET! I am taking my glock 19 tomorrow to have it port and the slide cut, after that I will DEFINATLY be sending mine to trippresearch for matte hard chroming.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
tag

www.hunt101.com/img/380327.jpg

That is FREAKING SWEET! I am taking my glock 19 tomorrow to have it port and the slide cut, after that I will DEFINATLY be sending mine to trippresearch for matte hard chroming.

Glad you like it.  In real life it's actually a bit more matte than the picture shows.  You will not be sorry if you have Tripp do your chrome.  I'm thinking about having my 1911 slide done in chrome and then Norelling the frame jet black.  MJD
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:50:43 AM EDT
[#12]
My daily carry G23 was matte hard chromed by Custom Glock Racing. Mine came out very well and is much easier to clean and shows very little holster wear from the Blade Tech kydex IWB rig.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:05:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll be sending my new G20 to Tripp next week.  How does NP3 compare to the hard chrome?  I've been looking for photos of NP3d Glocks but couldn't find any.  Also, on the bottom edge of one side of the slide on my G20 there is some sort of imperfection or pitting.  I didn't think much of it until I compared it with my other Glocks.  They all have a perfect fit and finish.  Is this a non issue?  I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:22:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
...on the bottom edge of one side of the slide on my G20 there is some sort of imperfection or pitting.....

Like this?

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#15]
No, it's on the very outside edge, just above the circled image in your pic.  Is that just normal wear in your photo?  I'm still at Image Shack trying to post my photo.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Finally, here it is.  Still couldn't figure out how to get the image on here.  Hope it works.
http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/3451/g5fl.jpg
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Finally, here it is.  Still couldn't figure out how to get the image on here.  Hope it works.

ETA:deleted photo because it was huge and someone resized it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for helping a beginner.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Ok, I resized your photo. You talking about the area circled?

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes, what's the prognosis?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#21]
No worry, just shoot it.  Just a casting flaw. Won't affect a thing.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top