Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 3:28:51 PM EDT
I am wanting to port my glock 19. My friend bought a glock 22c and I really like the port job on it.

Can anyone tell me some specifics on the porting? Like lenths/widths, his is a .40 and mine is 9mm so i didn't know if it could be the same size.....

Also what should I use to remove the burr inside the barrel from cutting it? I work at a CNC machine shop so I have access to all the tools I need.

Also how can I go about polishing my slide? Can I do this without having to send it off?

Thanks,
Josh
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:37:56 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want I can measure my G32C and give you those measurements(should be the same as your G19). I hope you have access to EDM because you will most likely tear up some tooling cutting through the Tenifer(harding process) on the slide & barrel.  

You can polish the slide with a buffing wheel and some Flitz(or other polishing compound). You won't get a hi-polish shine like H.chrome but it won't look to bad(kind of a dull gray-matt).
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you want I can measure my G32C and give you those measurements(should be the same as your G19). I hope you have access to EDM because you will most likely tear up some tooling cutting through the Tenifer(harding process) on the slide & barrel.  

You can polish the slide with a buffing wheel and some Flitz(or other polishing compound). You won't get a hi-polish shine like H.chrome but it won't look to bad(kind of a dull gray-matt).

Thanks just the info I was looking for. I have access to edm machines and i will problaly just send the slide off for hard chroming afterwards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top