Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2006 12:14:09 PM EDT
Finally

Out of town at the inlaws for the weekend.  Took a ride into town for a coffee and a stop at the pawn shop.

Paroozing the counters and the wall of guns - there it was - in all it's glory!!

Brand new G20 with the OD Green frame.  I really like the OD Green frames, i have no idea why. Asked the guy if he would take $540.00 for it, was asking $585.00 and he laughed and then said "sure, what the hell" Cant wait to get it out to the range next week.

brand new, standard sights, OD Green, 2 hi cap mags, and thats about it.....

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#1]
So where are the pics?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:56:43 PM EDT
[#2]
hah - i figured that was coming.  I am absolutely clueless on the picture thing.  That's my wifes camera and even if i did get a photo of it i would be lost from there.

maybe somebody could post a new OD green G20 for me?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:24:49 AM EDT
[#3]
OD Green......hell yeah!  Congrats.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:19:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome! I like the OD green Glocks.

My G21 is black, wanted OD for my G20, but found a good deal on a black one with night sights instead. It's alright though, I got an OD green G17 coming in tomorrow, hell yeah.

Enjoy your OD G20, that's a great find, now post some pics.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:22:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys

DT Ammo order going tomorrow - I dont even know where to start with loadings etc.  I think i'm going to get a variety to start and shoot some off a rest.

Feeding this thing is going to be a bitch but I'll shoot sparingly and save the blasting for the other irons in the range bag...

I apologize for being such a turd with posting pics.  I have a digital camera - when I get home I'll see what I can do...

The more I look at the OD Green which almost looks like desert tanish od something the more I like it..

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#7]
You want the 135gr. hollowpoint at 1600fps.  Its awesome.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I might get to shoot a G20 for the first time next week, it's also in OD green FWIW.  Great looking

pistol.  I've never shot a 10mm.  How does it compare to a G21 recoil wise?  I hope I don't

like it too much or I'll have to go buy one of the things.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:56:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I might get to shoot a G20 for the first time next week, it's also in OD green FWIW.  Great looking

pistol.  I've never shot a 10mm.  How does it compare to a G21 recoil wise?  I hope I don't

like it too much or I'll have to go buy one of the things

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:42:04 PM EDT
[#10]
The 20 is a sweet gun, have had one for about a year....only thing that sucks is the cost of the ammo....but for the power its worth it....i took down a doe with the six inch barrel.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The 20 is a sweet gun, have had one for about a year....only thing that sucks is the cost of the ammo....but for the power its worth it....i took down a doe with the six inch barrel.

thanks GM

I have been thinking about that 6in barrel.  What type of sights are you using for hunting.

My first trip to the range was discouraging.  I need some more practice with the Glock before i feel comfortable hunting with her.  I shot rings around myself with the USP Tac in .45.  Wondering if the target sights will help out?  I have anther thread in Glock re: sights and accuracy upgrades....thanks SC
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:20:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks GM

I have been thinking about that 6in barrel.  What type of sights are you using for hunting.

My first trip to the range was discouraging.  I need some more practice with the Glock before i feel comfortable hunting with her.  I shot rings around myself with the USP Tac in .45.  Wondering if the target sights will help out?  I have anther thread in Glock re: sights and accuracy upgrades....thanks SC

I have some trijcon night sights on it now, and i just ordered the the new crimson trace laser sights that came out for the glocks
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:14:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1
I've never shot a 10mm.  How does it compare to a G21 recoil wise? I have shot the G21
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
I've never shot a 10mm.  How does it compare to a G21 recoil wise? I have shot the G21

I dont really notice a big difference.   Maybe a bit "sharper" recoil if that makes sense?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:57:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I just shot a friend's 21 at the range last Saturday. Very light compared to the G30.
EZ, EZ recoil for a 45.  Keep in mind I shoot a LOT of 10mm.
I guess that big azz hunk-o-plastic absorbs all the energy.
My 20& 29 are wee bit flippy but certainly do able. I really like the G21 now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top