Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 7:11:55 PM EDT
I really hate non traditional, gimicky firearms finishes.  I'm not knocking anyone who has one, but they are not for me.  I saw the factory desert camo Glocks for the first time about 6 months ago, and hated them.

So, it's with utter self contempt that I admit that the new carbon fiber finished Glocks really do something for me.  I have to have one.  I'm hust hoping that the finish is available in the Glock 35.  I absolutely love it.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw one today at Ross's Guns & Pawn on Warner and Arizona Ave. I didn't look at the price, I spotted it on the way out. I didn't even bother to see what model it was. Too much bling for me.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:10:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I know what you mean.  I like my Glocks one way:  black.  Unfortunately, this one does something for me.  I hope I feel differently tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:12:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Is the carbon fiber a factory finish? Today was the first time I had ever seen them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that actual carbon fiber or a paint job/sticker?
If it's really carbon fiber that would be cool otherwise another gimmick
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I know it's a factory finish.  I don't know if it's carbon fiber, but I highly doubt it.  It's probably a film application finish.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:07:28 PM EDT
[#6]
It's a film application done by Dynamic Finishes.  It's most likely done over top of a green framed GLOCK.  I removed that finish from a GLOCK from a customers gun for him a few months ago.  It had begun to chip off in a few places.

Seems to be pretty durable as it was a serious pain in the a$$ to get off.  I don't mind the look but that film seems pretty slick and I would think it would get worse if the gun was wet.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:33:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Did you have to sit and peel it by hand?  Sounds very time consuming.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:55:57 AM EDT
[#8]
No I had to scrub it off.  It took over four hours of serious elbow grease.  It's pretty tough stuff.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Fortunately I came to my senses.  I pretty much do a grip reduction on every Glock I have, as I like the aggressive texture.  There won't be any grip reduction on one of those.  I'm glad I'm over my 1 day infatuation with that finish.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:35:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I know it's a factory finish.  I don't know if it's carbon fiber, but I highly doubt it.  It's probably a film application finish.

It is not a factory finish.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:44:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm glad you got over the finish. it's kinda like a ricer with phony carbon fiber parts.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:33:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is not a factory finish.

Just going by what the distributor said....
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:02:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I have/had one. It is an aftermarket finish by Dynamic finishes.  I got a good deal on it so I bought it.  The finish flaked off around the magwell slide stop trigger guard and other places.  I removed the rest by scraping sanding and sweat to reveal the od green underneath.   I like it much better.
I did leave some of it on in hard to remove places so the gun has accents.

Good choice to pass on this gun though IMHO.

http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/7244/cz75b002small7jy.jpg
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:43:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Dynamic Finishes did mine. So far the only wear is around the trigger guard from holstering it.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/jrhack79/g20cf2.jpg

J

Cool lookin pistol!

teamroper
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:44:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top