Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 12:29:27 PM EDT
I sent glock this letter with my pistol

Dear Sirs,

I purchased this Glock 19 Pistol from the Gun Broker Located in Portland, OR last year.
I did not get a chance to shoot the pistol within the 1 month period in which they repair their used pistols purchased from them so it was too late to take it back to them. I then called your support line and was told to send the pistol into you guys for work.

For the record I cleaned this pistol before I took it out to shoot it for the first time and I’ve used only UMC yellow box ammo through it(put about 500 rounds through it)

I found 3 main issues with this pistol.

1. Trigger.  The trigger started to feel VERY heavy as I started to shoot it for the first time. The pistol still shot but again the trigger was very heavy. Then, at the end of the shooting session the trigger got heavier then it’s ever been and then it was doing NOTHING at all. When you pulled the trigger you could tell something working, but barely at all. During this time I recall a few rounds not even firing at all. Currently the pistol started to fire again but the trigger is still very heavy.

2. Extraction/ejection issues. The entire time the pistol has been extracting very oddly for a glock. Some rounds will eject fine, some will bounce off of my forehead and some won’t eject at all. Before you say “limp wrist” I’ve owned 2 others glocks as well as shot many others and I’ve never had a glock extract rounds in this manner. Usually the glocks I’ve owned and seen put the spent brass in one general area.

3. Sights. When I purchased this pistol, the rear sight was not centered so I had him(gun smith at the gun broker)  Re-center the sights but this pistol’s point of aim still seems to far to the right.
Could you re-zero these sights to a factory zero?
All the other glocks I’ve owned and shot always hit perfect with the factory zero.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:47:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you bought someone else'e project gun......RobertM is right...Glock will take care of you if it is a defective part... but I doubt it will be warrenty if someone played with the insides.......You know...The DIY guy whether or not he knows what  he is doing...
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sending it their way soon.
We'll see how it turns out.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#4]
It sounds like something is binding up the striker inside of the slide. The trigger becoming harder to pull, and the sudden appearances of misfires definately indicates a striker issue.
Since the pistol was purchased used, there is really no way to tell how many rounds have been fired through it, or how well it was maintained.
Glock should get it squared away for you.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:10:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Was bigbore the previous owner?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top