Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:20:26 AM EDT
So....any news?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:24:19 AM EDT
[#1]
There is another thread floating around that said there were no new Glock products at the show.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:14:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Who cares about products. When's the party?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#3]
THATS RIGHT NO GLOCK CARBINE!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#4]
It was supposed to be a 5.56 this year wasn't it? I remeber about five years ago it was supposed to be a 9mm. I bet in another five years we'll be talking about the future Glock 40 watt plasma rifle.

Talk about a dissappointment. Is there anything (firearm wise) new at all?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Not really anything "oh holy fucking sweet jesus" like that I've seen yet.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#6]
"Not really anything "oh holy fucking sweet jesus" like that I've seen yet."

I was emailed a picture of something today that was sweet Jesus cool. I was asked to keep it on the down low for now but any of you guys into the long range game will love it. I'll share as soon as I can
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:08:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I was emailed a picture of something today that was sweet Jesus cool. I was asked to keep it on the down low for now but any of you guys into the long range game will love it. I'll share as soon as I can

If this is Glock related, then this is the second time i've heard of someone having a pic, or a CD with pics of a new product.  The latest rumor I read is that Gaston was to present something at SHOT himself.  Prolly the new Glock paperclip.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:14:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Just wait until day three.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:34:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Glock is a for profit business.  As with any business the drive to develope new products is dictated by the sales, profit margin, and R&D costs.  Currently Glock has the LE market on handguns wrapped up.  Close to %60 of US police dept use a glock.  Plus a strong foothold in the civilian market.   Not to mention international sales.  Look at all the glocks in the sandbox right now.

The small caliber rifle market is crowded right now in the U.S.  There are several AR manufacturs right now.  Sig is coming out with a new rifle.  There are a  lot of moderately priced AKs.   Plus there is still Ruger and Kel-tec.  Very crowded market, low profit margin.

R&D is expensive your goal as a business is to maximize profits.  Why spend the money to enter a very crowded market for small caliber semi auto rifle?

As with any business, until Glock starts losing a significant market share development of new products will be minimal.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:41:20 AM EDT
[#10]
GLOC has a party every year at the show.  If something is not announced then, it will not be at all.  But I am not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Glock is a for profit business.  As with any business the drive to develope new products is dictated by the sales, profit margin, and R&D costs.  Currently Glock has the LE market on handguns wrapped up.  Close to %60 of US police dept use a glock.  Plus a strong foothold in the civilian market.   Not to mention international sales.  Look at all the glocks in the sandbox right now.

The small caliber rifle market is crowded right now in the U.S.  There are several AR manufacturs right now.  Sig is coming out with a new rifle.  There are a  lot of moderately priced AKs.   Plus there is still Ruger and Kel-tec.  Very crowded market, low profit margin.

R&D is expensive your goal as a business is to maximize profits.  Why spend the money to enter a very crowded market for small caliber semi auto rifle?

As with any business, until Glock starts losing a significant market share development of new products will be minimal.

Sad but true
Glock is making $$$ just the way they are.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:39:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Did I tell you about my Glock factory tour?  The new Glock will be a Glock 40 in .22......

I can make up some more stuff if you want to talk 'sweet Jesus cool'.

Glock ain't coming out with anything new.....so buy a Kel-Tec if you want a Glock carbine.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If this is Glock related, then this is the second time i've heard of someone having a pic, or a CD with pics of a new product.  The latest rumor I read is that Gaston was to present something at SHOT himself.  Prolly the new Glock paperclip.

HEY! I TOLD YOU ABOUT THE CD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE!!!

Oh you are SO getting left in Nebraska.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

That's fine as long as you leave the pictures with him.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HEY! I TOLD YOU ABOUT THENONEXISTANT CD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE!!!

Drop me off at the nearest Hooters, please.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:21:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did I tell you about my Glock factory tour?  The new Glock will be a Glock 40 in .22......

I can make up some more stuff if you want to talk 'sweet Jesus cool'.

Glock ain't coming out with anything new.....so buy a Kel-Tec if you want a Glock carbine.

OR BUY AN OLY GLOCK AR15  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#18]
So, is it too early to start speculating about a Glock Carbine in '07?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#19]
What happened to the .224 boz that glock was supposed to put out a few years ago?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:25:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
So, is it too early to start speculating about a Glock Carbine in '07?

Funny you say that.  My cousin's wife's best friend's dad is a janitor at the company that is hired to clean the restrooms at the Glock HQ in Georgia.  He said that he found a slip of paper from the shredder pile that said "carbine" on it in Glocks executive washroom trashcan.  So 2007 must be the year.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:37:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I guess my kel tec sub 2000 will play with his 12 step brothers the glock 18 mags for a few more years by him self the kel tec's are less that 300 a pop this one has 5 k on it and flaw less.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:24:06 AM EDT
[#23]
KelTec here I come!  I need a carbine and the new bug 9mm please....
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:50:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I guess my kel tec sub 2000 will play with his 12 step brothers the glock 18 mags for a few more years by him self the kel tec's are less that 300 a pop this one has 5 k on it and flaw less.

That'll work.  There's always the hi-point carbine if you are so inclined (and don't care about quality).  MJD
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#25]
I got news for Glock. They are handing out these pins with 20 years of Glock Perfection stamped on them 1986-2006 in North America! Other than Dave Sevigny and the mesmerizingly hot Julie Goloski signing autographs and The Gunny himself (Ermey) signing pics, that was about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top