Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2006 10:12:05 PM EDT
Did a search and came up empty.

Anybody use these sights?  Pros & Cons?

I tried a set on my G23 and found them very fast at close range but my accuracy suffered at extended ranges so I removed them in favor for the three dot.  Also because my issue 17 had three dot and I wanted the same set up.  However I have a friend who can make solid hits at extended ranges with his and I have read some good reviews by some reputable people.  So I am thinking of giving them another try.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:39:33 AM EDT
[#1]
nobody
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:43:37 AM EDT
[#2]
They work great, IMO.

Close up - dot on the target

Distance - target just above the dot

Just a matter of using them and practice.

G
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:19:04 AM EDT
[#3]
It is personl taste...I have some and took them off my 21..I went back to trijicon but with yellow rears and green front.
I plan on installing them on a G30.
They do work as advertised and for real world combat distance they excell.
Just don't work so well for ME as a paper puncher...Maybe alittle more practice with them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a set of big dot 24/7 on my 23.  I really like them.  Sight alignment is very fast but not recommending for bullseye shooting.  My rear bar went dead after a year. I called XS Sight Systems - I had a free replacement in hand in three days - great customer service. Buy a set - my .02.

JDK
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Bought a set, didn't dig them to much.  Just like knowing exactly where my shot is going to end up.
Am now using Ameriglo Operators.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:04:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a pair of big dots on a G23 and a pair of small dots on a G30. I probably have too many guns and like them to be set up alike.
Switching from regular sights over to the Express sights takes me always a magazine full until I am close to where I am with Meps.
I decided to take them off again but if you have this as your main set up and get used to it, I can imagine that it will work very well for you.

They are bright and good quality.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:52:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They work great, IMO.

Close up - dot on the target

Distance - target just above the dot

Just a matter of using them and practice.

G

+1, Have a set on a 19,takes a little practice to get use to at extended range.But once you get the hang of it you can make soild COM hits 25+ yards.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:55:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the big dot on my G26.  It took a couple of magazines to figure out where the sight goes but now I can hit the steel plates at 25 yards most of the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top