Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2006 7:32:16 PM EDT
Since the GLOCK 34 9x19mm has a longer barrel, does it make it deadly accurate? Is it the same lengith as a 1911A1 .45ACP?

Can a GLOCK 17 holster fit a GLOCk 34?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:52:27 PM EDT
[#1]
i am going to say "no"

bbl length (expecially in pisols) has little to no affect on accuracy

acutally, the shorter bbl compacts/subcompacts have been said to be more accurate than the longer full size ones (depending on ammo of course)

most G17 holsters will fit a G34, provided its got an open slot on the bottom so the longer G34 bbl will fit through

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#2]
"Deadly accurate" is not a technical term.  

The longer sight radius will allow you to shoot the weapon more accurately, but there will be little or no mechanical difference.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:43:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Speaking of Glock 34, I just picked my new 34 up from my dealer last night, what a nice piece. The first time I shot Glock 34 was about a month ago - Accurate and it's recoil was like an air gun compared to my XD9 Tactical. So I sold the XD9 Tactical for the Glock 34 and now I'm a happy camper.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:58:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Two thoughts,

The gun will only shoot as good as you can shoot it, meaning the gun is capaple of very good accuracy vs. how acuracly you can shoot.

the longer the sight plane the better you can alaine the gun on the target.  Look at sights on a M1 Grand or M1A and compare them to a AK and tell me wich one will help you be more acuracte.

This is just my take,

Later,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an M34 in 9mm and I had some 100gr Hertinberger +p+ stuff that was "Scary accurate" at 25yrds. Yes I think the longer site radius helps.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:47:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I used to have a Glock 34 that I shot in IPSC competition and carried as a truck gun.  It shot more accurately for me than any other 9mm I've ever shot.  (Llama, Glock 19, Glock 17, SIG P226, Kahr, SIG P228, Springfield 1911).  Might be the longer sight radius, might just be that it is a damn great pistol.

Get you some.

Same holster?  Maybe.  Yes if it is a slide holster, no if it is a holster with a closed end and you want the trigger guard covered (the slide is longer than a G-17).

Some folks say that the adjustable rear sight is crap and will fail, mine never did and I shot it a lot.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:50:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I am deadly accurate.

The 34 is a very good weapon and easy to shoot well.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Not only is it deadly accurate, it's wicked-deadly accurate.

I saw va_dinger shooting the wings off a fly at 200 yards at the height of Hurricane Isabel with his G34. In contrast he can't hit the broad side of a barn at 5 yards with his G19.

Get two!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:41:44 AM EDT
[#10]
My targets are usually dead paper to begin with. The G34 with the longer sight radius and barrel do not really give you a great advantage over the G17 that you can feel. The biggest difference is in the connector. You will but rarely find these guns in serious bullseye matches.

I love Glocks, they are accurate enough to do the job, durable, low maintenance, and reliable.

My Walther P88 gets slightly smaller groups than my G34 but is not exactly a fast gun in the tactical department.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:14:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Not only is it "wicked deadly super scary accurate" it is "Fan Fuckin'tasic wicked deadlysuper scary accurate".  YMMV
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:19:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I've shot both my G22 and a G35 side by side and couldn't really tell a difference in accuracy.  Hollow Point expansion might be a little better with the G35 since it does have a longer barrel.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Last time I was at the range, the guy on the lane next to me wanted to shoot my Glock.  Its a Glock 34 with meprolight adjustable sights, a KKM barrel, and a gemtech trinity.  I put a few rounds in a mag for him, and on the first shot at 20 feet this guy shoots a hole in the exact center of a shoot-n-c target.  Completely punches out the "10" in the center on his first shot with my gun.  Good times.

ETA, I carry this Glock in a Glock 26 holster.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Not only is it deadly accurate, it's wicked-deadly accurate.

I saw va_dinger shooting the wings off a fly at 200 yards at the height of Hurricane Isabel with his G34. In contrast he can't hit the broad side of a barn at 5 yards with his G19.

Get two!

In all seriousness I do love the G34. I think the longer sight radius does help, especially at longer ranges but only if your good enough to be able to use it. I consider the G34 to be one of the finest pistols I have ever shot. I did switch out the stock 3.5 lb connector for a 5 lb in mine. Actually, M4arc did it for me. He is my resident Glock gunsmith. It was just too damn light when all of my other pistols have 4-4.5 lb trigger pulls (1911), plus my G19 has the standard 5 lb connector. It was just too big of a change going back and forth. This has no effect on accuracy for me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I dont know about being deadly accurate- as you ll have to kill something first to wear claim that title. Bad ass might be a good term to use- I spoke with Julie Goloski and Dave Sevigny at the Shot Show and they both use and praise the glock 34 in ease of use and having a great trigger. Julie's gun is stock I think but Dave modified his grip with a soldering iron, different non factory sights, and an internal spring change.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#16]

I guess you could say that the glock 34 is EXTRA Deadly accurate over a regulat glock 17
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Speaking of Glock 34, I just picked my new 34 up from my dealer last night, what a nice piece. The first time I shot Glock 34 was about a month ago - Accurate and it's recoil was like an air gun compared to my XD9 Tactical. So I sold the XD9 Tactical for the Glock 34 and now I'm a happy camper.

Here's a follow-up with my new Glock 34 - I go to the range the day before I have a steel plate shoot to check POA. My 34 is right on the money - 25 yards from the rest all in the bulls-eye - That's what I like the most is I didn't have to adjust the sights - Straight from the box - Got to love Glock's quality control. So I put 50 rounds through it that day, run the boresnake through it and put it away for the next day's event. The day of the shoot, I was focused, the Glock 34 was up to the challenge. After the shoot,  all the numbers were tallied, and I'll be darn - I won the event in the semi-auto class (15 other's in the same class), and this was a first win for me. I give all the credit to the Glock 34, because this was the second time I've had out shooting. Not too bad for a pistol that comes from the box competition ready IMHO.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top