Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2002 1:04:27 PM EDT
I'm looking to replace the barrel on my Glock 17. Who makes the best match barrel for the money?
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I keep hearing nothing but rave reviews about Bar-sto.  
www.barsto.com/
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 7:20:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Sniperm88.

I visited the sight and noticed that they only offer semi-fitted and fitted barrels. Does any one have any experience with the semi-fitted barrels and did you need to do any gunsmithing to your pistol?
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 7:27:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe Olympic Arms makes "drop in" Glock barrels, with conventional rifling so you can use reloads. About $120 IIRC
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 7:30:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had good luck with KKM barrels. Just curious why you want to replace your 17 barrel? I used KKM barrels in my .40s so I could shoot lead. Never had any luck with lead in 9mm.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 12:48:31 PM EDT
[#5]
The reason why I'm looking to replace my barrel is b/c I bought the gun second hand and the previous owner put, as he put it "a LOT of rounds" through. The worn rifling in the barrel confirmed this. I didn't care much b/c he was giving me a very good deal and if it didn't shoot well, even if I had to replace the barrel, I would still come out ahead.

Well the first time out at the range, the pistol shot all over the paper. I thought it might be me, until a few members of the range staff (all accomplished shooters)shot the same. They all said the barrel is the most likely culprit.

Link Posted: 11/14/2002 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Glock barrels do not have conventional rifling so they look worn. I honestly doubt you will ever shoot out a Glock barrel. I've seen Glocks with over 100,000 documented rounds through them that the barrel is fine. If you feel you have to replace something have a Glock Armorer look at it and replace all off the springs.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd bet nearly anything that the barrel is NOT shot out.

IF I was going to replace a barrel in a Glock that was being used as a weapon (for whatever reason), I would replace it with a Glock barrel.

10,000 rnds through a Glock barrel is "almost broken in"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top