Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 6:13:19 PM EDT
Was thinking about modifying the trigger on my Glock 30 that I will be carrying for CCW. I was thinking about buying one of the NY triggers or another heavier trigger.

Any reason to leave it just the factory 5lbs.??

Thanks, any infor would be great.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:09:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the 3.5 in my G19 for me lighter was better.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:37:34 PM EDT
[#3]
You are asking for trouble when you lighten the trigger on  self defense gun.
If it came from the factory that way then good.
On a carry piece...Sights and grips are the only thing I'll do because if the shooting is ever questionable no matter how small,,atleast the gun will not be a contributing factor against me.
Get some over zealous cop or DA...Its your ass!
Mr paranoid here but so what....Are you %100 sure the LAW won't bone you if you cap somebody?
Any NRA instructor can tell you that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't go with the heavier trigger. Those thing were invented as a band aid for the poor training of some police departments.

I have the 3.5# in my G19 and it is much easier to keep 'em tight when firing rapidly under stress.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I have given serious thought to trying the 3.5 connector along with the NY1 spring in my glock 26!I do not think it makes the trigger much heavier, just heavy longer!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:34:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have given serious thought to trying the 3.5 connector along with the NY1 spring in my glock 26!I do not think it makes the trigger much heavier, just heavy longer!

Try the Scherer 3.5# connector on its own before you change trigger springs. For some reason, the Scherer makes for a crisper trigger with less mush than the factory GLOCK 3.5# unit.  They look identical, so I can't explain why this is true.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:35:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:53:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Before you make any modifications you should make sure that the parts you have are smooth.  IMHO the standard trigger nicely smoothed out is the best compromise between pull weight and crispness, safety and shootability.

There's two ways to do this.  The best is to do a detial strip and polish all the trigger friction points with a dremil felt wheel.   If you're not adventureous enough for that, you can lubricate the trigger rub points with a metal polish compound, then dry fire it a couple hundred times.  Clean out the polish.  Reassemble and lubricate as normal and see how it feels.....Repeat till you've got what you want.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the suggestios so far guys, they have been extremely helpful. As of right now I will leave it stock. I am however still interested in hearing opinions so keep em' comin'
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the NY1 trigger springs in all my glocks
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:30:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
On a carry piece...Sights and grips are the only thing I'll do because if the shooting is ever questionable no matter how small,,atleast the gun will not be a contributing factor against me.
Mr paranoid here but so what....Are you %100 sure the LAW won't bone you if you cap somebody?

I could see where this could be used against you if your shooting was accidental and/or unjustified, however if it were justified it would be a moot point.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:38:00 AM EDT
[#14]
I leave my Glocks stock.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:45:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I could see where this could be used against you if your shooting was accidental and/or unjustified, however if it were justified it would be a moot point.

I agree.  However, they may be able to use that against you in a civil court.  I keep mine stock, but not because of fear of legal ramifications—stock just works for me.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:49:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Was thinking about modifying the trigger on my Glock 30 that I will be carrying for CCW. I was thinking about buying one of the NY triggers or another heavier trigger.

Any reason to leave it just the factory 5lbs.??

Thanks, any infor would be great.

Only thing I would probably change would be to change out the serrated 'target' (1968 Import compliant) trigger/trigger bar with that of the G20/21 which has a smooth faced trigger.  And add a set of Warren cut sights with a night sight front.  Available from I-Shot for $70.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:39:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Leave it alone and give it the 1,000 round trigger job.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:50:45 AM EDT
[#18]
#3.5 and NY1 gives perfect and consistent trigger pull.  I've never measure the actual weight of the pull with this set up but it is close to stock, but will a smoother and consistent take up.

ETA: this is on a G19 and comes highly recommended by LE trainers as one of the two things they recommend as "mods" for Glocks..... the other is night sights
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top