Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 1:31:44 PM EDT
I was installing my new lasermax in my glock 30 when I broke the spring that holds the barrel release tab that lasermax sends, I called the for a replacment they said they would get it out right away, could take up to ten days to receive, in the mean time i placed the orignal spring back in place and installed the laser and everything seems to work as it should, the only difference is see in the two springs is little ridges on the lasermax spring and the glock spring is smooth but like I said it all works fine, I am going to use it as a quick fix until the correct spring shows up.
The laser turns on and off like it should everything works fine, does anyone see any problems with this temp fix
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:17:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  Don't do it.  That spring isn't strong enough for the way they design the lasermax slide lock.

Best case scenario, your laser will switch itself on and off during recoil.  Worst case, your slide will fly off your gun because the slide lock won't have enough pressure keeping it in the "locked" position.  That's probably unlikely, but over on gocktalk someone says that very thing happened to him because he did what you're doing.

Actually, I have the LaserMax spring and I'm having a problem with it moving positions during recoil.  It's next to impossible to get ahold of Doug in their support.

This is the third issue I've had with my lasermax.  I had to polish down the switch because they put too much epoxy on it and it caused a bad connection.  I also had to have the battery cap replaced.  This thing is brand new, and I'm not thrilled with it at all.  

It's been three days since I last called LaserMax and I still haven't gotten a call back.  I think they're sick of dealing with me.  I'm not a difficult person, but I expect a $260 product to work out of the box.  I'm fixing to uninstall the thing and sell it on the EE for cheap.

Wanna buy a lasermax for a glock 23?

Sorry for the rant, I'm just getting frustrated with them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#2]
It's only a temp fix for a week at most until the new spring gets here, I will not shoot it with this configuration, like I said only a temp fix, I had a laser max on another glock and was very happy with it, I think laser max makes a great product, it was my fault I broke the orignal spring, laser max is sending me two but said it would take about a week
Thanks
Doug
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:06:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, I see.  It's fine to leave it like that as long as you don't shoot it.  I ASSumed it was a self defense gun, and that you might end up shooting it to save your life and have it fall to pieces on you.  You'll be fine if it's just going to collect dust for a week or so.

I hope you have better luck with lasermax than I've had so far.  I can't believe how overworked their support guy is.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:00:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Haven't had that problem, and I took my lasermax spring out several times to switch guns (G21)....quick question back at you, is the plastic guide rod end (battery cap)that fits to the barrel retainer all chewed up?  Mine is little a little rough, don't know if I'll need to order a new part or not.

Pat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top