Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2006 7:22:48 PM EDT
I seem to remember magazines from before the ban not having a stripe down the sides. The newer magazines have stripes. Also are there any other differences betweent the preban magazines and the current production mags?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I seem to remember magazines from before the ban not having a stripe down the sides. The newer magazines have stripes. Also are there any other differences betweent the preban magazines and the current production mags?

Yes. The followers, witness ports, and shape of the feed cut out in the back of the mag.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks I seem to remember there being three different feed cuts and a couple of different followers but I thought they made most of those before the ban as well as after?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#3]
One of the easiest ways to tell the difference is by looking where the caliber is stamped. In '94 the caliber size was moved up to the top so the mag could have "RESTRICKED LE/GOVY ONLY" stamped above the witness holes and "GLOCK, INC., SMYRMA, GA 9.13.94" stamped down the middle of the holes. The caliber stamp remains high to show it is post-ban.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top