Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/18/2006 10:43:38 AM EDT
I have a 12 year old G23 that I have shot the shit out of that finally broke a trigger  spring. The ONLY thing that has EVER happened to this gun.

I sent it back to GLOCK and asked them to replace any parts that needed it and test the gun.

After 3 weeks I got it back. They replaced trigger spring, trigger bar, slide lock spring, firing pin, firing pin safty, cleaned and inspected to make sure it met factory specs.

What did all this cost? Zero, zip, zilch, nada.

$0

Hi, I'm Dixieknight and I'm a GLOCK customer FOR LIFE!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Whats the number to Glock.? I would like to send my G21 in and get it compensated.  

Google their website.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Whats the number to Glock.? I would like to send my G21 in and get it compensated.  

Most people with a compensated Glock that I have talked to say that the added muzzle flash and blast of powder hitting you in the face aren't worth the reduction in muzzle flip.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:23:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
my glock 21 Kabooms every time I pull the trigger

so does the person on the other side of the phone line when you call for customer service....
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
THought maybe yours Kaboomed  

Aviator

you have got to be the wittiest SOB alive
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aviator

img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/deathray187/tc8b4z.gif
you have got to be the wittiest SOB alive

+1
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:17:56 PM EDT
[#6]
They didn't do this out of the goodness of their hearts, there was a recall, er, I mean an upgrade, you just didn't know anything about it until you had a problem. You can read all about it here:     www.thegunzone.com/glock/upgrade-faq.html

One of the upgrades was supposed to prevent the slamfires that happened to some people. I thought I had one of the ones that needed the upgrade and was hesitant to send my gun off. I just figured out yesterday mine doens't need it.

I have 2 glocks and like mine. I didn't like my first one, it was a G19. I almost gave up on them but got a G26 and it shot so good I realized my 19 was defective or something. I traded it for a G21. I have some trijicon nightsights on mine. I look over at my nightstand and see the little glowing dots and feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They only cost $24 to make, they should have given you a new one.

btw,Glockman for life here too.

Where did you get that number?  

G

the same place where I found out that 74% of all internet figures are made up
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:41:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have a 12 year old G23 that I have shot the shit out of that finally broke a trigger  spring. The ONLY thing that has EVER happened to this gun.

I sent it back to GLOCK and asked them to replace any parts that needed it and test the gun.

After 3 weeks I got it back. They replaced trigger spring, trigger bar, slide lock spring, firing pin, firing pin safty, cleaned and inspected to make sure it met factory specs.

$0

Its all about liability... Most mfgs. will do the same thing.. Cheaper to replace a few worn parts than to have an unsafe gun, and a potential lawsuit.... All about the liability...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:46:52 PM EDT
[#9]

GLOCK. AWSOME CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

NO SHIT! YOU DON'T SAY! HOLY CRAP, I NEED SOME COMBAT TUPPERWARE NOW!!!!1!!!ELEVEN!!1!!!!!!!1ONE!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:47:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

NO SHIT! YOU DON'T SAY! HOLY CRAP, I NEED SOME COMBAT TUPPERWARE NOW!!!!1!!!ELEVEN!!1!!!!!!!1ONE!!!

+111!!!!11!!!!eleven!11!!111!!111111!!!!!!!11exclamationpoint!!11!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:48:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+111!!!!11!!!!eleven!11!!111!!111111!!!!!!!11exclamationpoint!!11!!!

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#12]
They've done the same kind of service at their GSSF matches. I've been to a couple of them.

I've had their armorer go through my Glocks and he replaced anything that may or may not have needed to be replaced. Got some free uprades too (extended mag releases on all of them), for no additional costs. Definitely made up for paying for the GSSF matches.

I even won some cash and freebies at the GSSF matches (t-shirts, bayonette, pins, patches, stickers, etc..).
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:27:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

They finally agreed and supposedly it's going to be shipped, new frame and all, sometime this week.

EPOCH

Be careful and inspect the frame when they send you the replacement. I had a Kaboom on a 23 and the frame they sent me to replace it was cracked/split at the seam line on the dust cover. The crack was about 3/8 of an inch long from the front of the frame backwards. There was a run of frames recalled for this prior to me recieving mine, supposedly didn't hurt anything but I wonder if Glock has shipped any of these mis-molded frames to other people who had service work done on their frames.

Dave
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:35:32 AM EDT
[#14]
well thats good to know

if only they weren't double stacked
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:47:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
My Glocks have never failed me.

+1

..and I've had 4
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:00:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Beer_Slayer not here yet? [looks at watch] He must be slipping to let this slow pitch get by[taps watch]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

$0

amen brother
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$0

Man, I want to switch to another gun and I find myself looking for a reason to switch but I can't think of a single one.

amen brother

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Aviator
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Aviator

Urban myth.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#21]
yeah i carry a glock 21
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:00:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aviator

Urban myth.

Uh huh
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#23]
As a Glock 19 owner, I'm glad to hear this.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#24]
it's the Plastic Fantastic! I love my G22!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#25]
i was looking foward to a KaBoom story
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:13:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

That must suck.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Wow, they replaced a total of $10 worth of parts.

Dude, you really should learn to work on your Glock yourself.  A blind, deaf, nutless monkey could replace the parts that were replaced in your Glock.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

$0

Damn Straight!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:21:54 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Thought maybe yours Kaboomed  

Aviator

That never gets old.

G
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#31]
still waiting for mine to come back from the factory.

But on the bright side, someone finally agreed that the frame was warped/out of spec and they are shipping me a brand new one.  Only took 3 trips...

EPOCH
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#32]
which part of the frame was warped?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:47:18 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
which part of the frame was warped?

the top portion, it caused the slide lock to be pushed out laterally too much.  It would only engage the slide on the last shot by about 1 or 2 millimeters.  It would cause the slide lock to wear prematurely since it was only catching the inner most edge.  

Once worn down (about 50-100 rounds) the slide would fail to lock back on the last shot.  Sent it back to the factory and had the slide lock replaced... twice...  Finally sent a detailed letter asking them to please inspect the frame instead of just throwing in a $4 piece and shipping it back out.

They finally agreed and supposedly it's going to be shipped, new frame and all, sometime this week.

EPOCH
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Where did you get that number?  

G
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:09:52 PM EDT
[#37]
I wish I could say the same. Bought a brand new Glock 22 and immediatly had feeding/reliability problems. Sent the brand new gun back to the factory and havent heard from them in about 2 weeks. Really sucks to spend $500 on a gun you can't shoot. When I had to get my HK USP serviced for my own fault, I sent it out on a FRI and got it back the next FRI. You get what you pay for I guess.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I wish I could say the same. Bought a brand new Glock 22 and immediatly had feeding/reliability problems. Sent the brand new gun back to the factory and havent heard from them in about 2 weeks. Really sucks to spend $500 on a gun you can't shoot. When I had to get my HK USP serviced for my own fault, I sent it out on a FRI and got it back the next FRI. You get what you pay for I guess.

I think its all personal preference.  I have both Glock products and HK products.  I love my HK P7M8, but I hate my HK P2000.  I also can't say anything bad about Glock.  I've had nothing but the best from them.  Great customer service also.

Like I said...personal preference.  HK makes a great product...but i'll take the Glock hands down.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#39]
My Glocks have never failed me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#40]
I wonder if I send Glock my G19 they can make it quit going off by itself.  I'm afraid to carry it for fear I'll shoot my nuts off.

lawdog
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I wonder if I send Glock my G19 they can make it quit going off by itself.  I'm afraid to carry it for fear I'll shoot my nuts off.

lawdog

Stop sticking your pencil dick in the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
 I'll shoot my nuts off.

lawdog

is that really a bad thing ?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:02:55 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Wow, they replaced a total of $10 worth of parts.

Dude, you really should learn to work on your Glock yourself.  A blind, deaf, nutless monkey could replace the parts that were replaced in your Glock.

That's right.  A company does a nice thing and you bash them for the low dollar amount, or the owner for not doing it himself, or the simplicit of the design....

Just be happy for him and leave it at that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:42:40 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

EPOCH

Be careful and inspect the frame when they send you the replacement. I had a Kaboom on a 23 and the frame they sent me to replace it was cracked/split at the seam line on the dust cover. The crack was about 3/8 of an inch long from the front of the frame backwards. There was a run of frames recalled for this prior to me recieving mine, supposedly didn't hurt anything but I wonder if Glock has shipped any of these mis-molded frames to other people who had service work done on their frames.

Dave

That would probably be the last straw in what has been frustrating experience...  But will try to hold my tongue until I get the pistol back from GLOCK.

EPOCH
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Mine came back today. They smoothed the inside of the slide, replaced the firing pin, firing pin safety, recoil spirng/rod and cleaned it. It has been gone a total of 2 weeks. Also threw in a keychain. I am very happy with the experience.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:09:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Sorry but I can not say the same about Glock CS.
Back on December 13th (wrong day I guess) I sent back my #34 due to a broken frame rail. Well after 4 phone calls, three of which I was told I would get a call back later in the day. As of today (Jan20th) I am still waiting for the calls to come. They have advised me that they have my gun, but when I called they just could not locate the were abouts of my work order.
So today I will call again and not settle for the, "We will call you back later today " answer.
I know they have to wait for the replacement frame from the outer limits. But not to be able to track a gun in there system is not a good sign.
hinking.gif
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aviator

Only GLOCKs kB'ing - Urban myth.

Uh huh

Fixed that for adair_usmc.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:28:11 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Sorry but I can not say the same about Glock CS.
Back on December 13th (wrong day I guess) I sent back my #34 due to a broken frame rail. Well after 4 phone calls, three of which I was told I would get a call back later in the day. As of today (Jan20th) I am still waiting for the calls to come. They have advised me that they have my gun, but when I called they just could not locate the were abouts of my work order.
So today I will call again and not settle for the, "We will call you back later today " answer.
I know they have to wait for the replacement frame from the outer limits. But not to be able to track a gun in there system is not a good sign.

I called about mine and they were able to track it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:29:26 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lawdog

Stop sticking your pencil dick in the barrel.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, as long as customer service is good 90% of the time, that's better than a lot of companies.  I know HK to have rather.....painful customer service.  I know S&W to have good CS.  Glock seems to be doing well, overall.  I know that doesn't help you guys with problems that are taking longer than expected, but at least they are fixing it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top