Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 8:13:57 PM EDT
I am sending my early model G19 in to GLOCK for a 30,000 round check up and to be refinished. I was also thinking of replacing my aging Meprolite sights with some new ones. I know GLOCK will put on a set of their night sights for around $50, but I haven't seen any of the newer model factory sights. If anyone has a newer GLOCK with factory tritium sights, I would love to see a good pic, so I can decide whether to get the GLOCK sights or just get a new set of Meps.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:41:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:55:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Get some CGR race cut Heinies. Best sights out there for the Glock.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:22:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't like the factory frt NS because they are crimped on.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:37:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
www.lonewolfdist.com/photos/GLO-NF17G21.jpg
www.lonewolfdist.com/photos/GLO-NR17G24.jpg

I agree. Go for the Trijicons or Meprolights. They are much better.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:33:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The front sight would not be crimped on my older model GLOCK. I was told by one of GLOCKs armorers that they would use a hex head screw to hold it on like it is now.

I think the sights pictured are the older GLOCK night sights made by Meprolite. The sights pictured are identical to my Meprolites, other than the GLOCK logo. It even has the Meprolite logo on the side of the rear sight.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:50:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The front sight would not be crimped on my older model GLOCK..

Unless Glock changed the factory NS this year they will be crimped on(maybe that is the BIG anouncement from Glock at SHOT this year ). If you request Meps or Trijicons(not sure if Glock still offers them or not) then the frt will have the hex screw.

Quoted:
I think the sights pictured are the older current GLOCK night sights made by Meprolite.

From what I understand Glock makes the sight, Meprolight installs the Tritium.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:55:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The front sight would not be crimped on my older model GLOCK..

Unless Glock changed the factory NS this year they will be crimped on(maybe that is the BIG anouncement from Glock at SHOT this year ). If you request Meps or Trijicons(not sure if Glock still offers them or not) then the frt will have the hex screw.

Quoted:
I think the sights pictured are the older current GLOCK night sights made by Meprolite.

From what I understand Glock makes the sight, Meprolight installs the Tritium.  

Yes, they buy the tubes from Meprolite for the new GLOCK made sights, but the sights pictured above ARE Meprolites.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:32:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:54:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Ameriglo's. I think they may be made by Trijicon according to the print on the front sight. And they are cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
...above ARE Meprolites.

According to Mep last year at SHOT they just stuff them. The ones above are still listed in the '05 annual.

Meps

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...above ARE Meprolites.

According to Mep last year at SHOT they just stuff them. The ones above are still listed in the '05 annual.

Meps
img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/hotrod9mm/Mep-NS.jpg

That is what I have heard as well. From the pictures of my old Meps, they look nearly identical to the GLOCK sights, right down to the MH3 logo on the side.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone know how long Glock warrants their factory night sights?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#13]
This isn't exactly what you asked for, but here's what the Trijicons on my G19 look like. BTW, after getting better used to the trigger, the sight is now drifted back toward center, where it should be.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#14]
try some of these. they are like 70-80 bucks. Tru glo fiber/tritium sights. I have several other night sights and these are the best. I will take a better pic. They are bright in the day time do to the fiber and night do to the tritium. I will take a night time pic in a minute. Hell, I cant get my camera to take a pic in the dark. Its a new one so I have to mess with it.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I took a few pics of mine, just got it 5 days ago orderd it with night sites. Hope the pics help.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I took a few pics of mine, just got it 5 days ago orderd it with night sites. Hope the pics help.

img44.imageshack.us/img44/5761/img04287do.jpg

img44.imageshack.us/img44/397/img04278od.jpg

img44.imageshack.us/img44/9002/img04294we.jpg

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
try some of these. they are like 70-80 bucks. Tru glo fiber/tritium sights. I have several other night sights and these are the best. I will take a better pic. They are bright in the day time do to the fiber and night do to the tritium. I will take a night time pic in a minute. Hell, I cant get my camera to take a pic in the dark. Its a new one so I have to mess with it.
www.hunt101.com/img/363026.JPG
www.hunt101.com/img/363029.JPG
www.hunt101.com/img/363030.JPG

I have been thinking about these sights myself.  The front sight looks fragile since its sooo long and I know just how little is holding it to the frame.  

Is the front a kinda small dot compared to the others?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:04:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree. Go for the Trijicons or Meprolights. They are much better.

If someone were to buy a Glock with Factory Night Sights could they install Trijicons or Meprolights yourself or would you have to have a gun smith do it?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:51:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
If someone were to buy a Glock with Factory Night Sights could they install Trijicons or Meprolights yourself or would you have to have a gun smith do it?

You need a sight pusher to install the rear sight and a very small nut driver to fit the front. Most of the time if you purchase the NS locally the seller will install them. Here the cost of the sights  includes installation.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I really like my Trijocon Novak-style sights (shown here on my 17C).
Trijicon Novaks
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:40:37 PM EDT
[#21]
I've got factory night sights on mine.
I like 'em just fine.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:50:28 PM EDT
[#22]
I did the ARFCOM thing and got both.
Trijicon on the left and Heinie on the right. They are both great sights.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#23]
How do you like the Heinie's during the day?  The only reason I passed on them was the different sight picture night and day (blank during the day, two dots at night).
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
How do you like the Heinie's during the day?  The only reason I passed on them was the different sight picture night and day (blank during the day, two dots at night).

like anything a little practice and you get used to them
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:11:18 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I really like my Trijocon Novak-style sights (shown here on my 17C).
Trijicon Novaks
mywebspace.wisc.edu/ddhelgeson/web/trij_novaks.jpg

Now those I like.

Oh those sons of bitches....Direct from your link:

Glock Pistol, 3 dot green front & green Novak rear night sight set.  
Fits all Glock models except the Glock 36.

Well, I guess it's not all bad - I'll just have to get another GLOCK I guess. Maybe those sights will fit the (GOD I HOPE) new GLOCK single-stack .45? That would be very acceptable! I just realised why it won't fit the G36 - It's because it is singlestack. There goes the hope of it fitting the new GLOCK. Guess I'll just get a G19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top