Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 12:28:02 PM EDT
What in the heck is the reason for the Glock hollow cavity on the grip? I mean making it standard and all seems kinda odd, since most people I know have small hands anyway? Just one of the aimless things I ponder over......
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]
i guess b/c it fit HIS hand best....
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:29:37 AM EDT
[#3]

For ease of pulling out non drop free mags.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:00:43 AM EDT
[#4]
To flush out the firing mech if compacted with mud. Never tried it - it's just what I was told.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:43:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
For ease of pulling out non drop free mags.

Yep!  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Drop free mags is pretty much an American market thing, right?  I can't see wanting the alternative though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:16:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Well my post was more about being sarcastic cause I have smaller hands.....The Non-drop free mags can be good and can be bad. My understanding of the original idea was to ensure soliders/officers did not accidently remove their magazine in a high stress situation. I have both and can tell you I am much more used to the full metal lined. SO you really have to train with the non as it can really screw up your reloads. I will hold on to them and just buy some of the new FML, I mean heck they are so cheap!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top