Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 1:07:39 PM EDT
I was considering a 22 for plinking and training.
Is the 22 convert from Top Glock worth it or should
I get an old cheap Ruger? Since I carry Glock it makes sense
to convert the glock for range sessions right?
The kit is around $250.00
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:59:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the AA kit for both my 17 and 21, I love them both.  It allows you to practice with your carry rig, competition speedholster or whatever you're packing with.  About the only downside is the mag capacity.
If you decide to get one, buy from Kblagg over in the EE.  Will only cost you $235 shipped to your door and you support one of our own.
Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:19:04 AM EDT
[#2]
How is the performance. Any FTE's or FTF's.
Thanks for the response
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:27:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a Glock 22. But they sent the wrong magazines and installed the wrong barrel.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:29:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I have had only one FTE, but that was after tapping the slide into battery.  After manually ejecting the spent casing, I noticed that the mouth of the case had an extra ear of metal that was bent back, causing the lockup.

I use Remington Golden bullets in the 525 pack, every now and again I will get a FTF.  Rarely it also happens with CCI Mini-Mags.

I have had nothing but good luck with my kits and enjoy them immensly, though I also own a SIG Trailside for plinking and teaching.  So buy both
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#5]
The AA kit is great. I have one for my G22.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:35:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it possible to thread the barrel of one of these for a suppressor?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't have a threaded job, but have read somewhere on this site that it is indead possible.  AA sells an extended barrel, but can't thread them themselves due to being in Kalifornia.
I believe that Gemtech can thread the existing barrel using an extension to mate up with their cans.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:55:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Another +1 for the AA kit.

It provides a great training platform for the wife.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:14:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Its a fun kit and I have never had any issues with my Advantage arms.

It even has an adjustable rear site.

Lots of fun plus you can work on trigger control with a lighter round.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:46:33 PM EDT
[#11]
video of it in action I made today

they work Sweet

www.handgunplace.com/pages/reviews/advantage-arms-conversion-kit.php
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:05:15 AM EDT
[#12]
If you are wanting it for practice, the only downside to the kit is the weight. The slide is much lighter than the 22 slide. Other than that, it is excellent and runs great. I put 200 rounds through mine earlier this week without any problems.
I do agree, you notice how much you flinch when you use it for the first time.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:28:01 PM EDT
[#13]
OK....I just came from the range where I used my new Advantage Arms 22 conversion. Based on my small 400rd sampling I think its a hoot. This has got to be one of the best 22RF HG formats Ive used! I very much enjoyed using it. Did I meniotn fun??? During my time I ran Wincheser Powerpoints, PMC Sidewinders, CCI Minimags, Remington Target rifle and Federal American Eagle ammo thru w/o any problems. I know the blurb that comes w/ the conversion says Federal ammo shouldnt be used but what I had ran OK. The Federal didnt run as well as the others...failures to feed. Anyway, for now Ill stay away from the Federal ammo b/c I have plenty in the other brands to shoot. Oh...did I mention fun to shoot???

Good points: Very well made, simple/straight forward to field strip, excellent doumentation, super accurate, seems to eat most ammo brands even those not recommended, a mag loader to save your hands (you REALLY, REALLY will need the mag loader)

Bad points: Kind of weird and fiddly takedown procedure, mags hard to load by hand as the top has all manner of sharp edges that will eat you alive over many loadings, I really wish they had a hi-cap that would hold 20 or so rds.

I would certainly give this item a BIG thumbs up. I think its one of the best made/thought out add on Ive bought in a long time. My hats off to Advantage Arms for thinking this thru and making a high quality product. Probably the biggest deficiency Ive found is the small capacity magazine...they need to provide one that much bigger.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
OK....I just came from the range where I used my new Advantage Arms 22 conversion. Based on my small 400rd sampling I think its a hoot. This has got to be one of the best 22RF HG formats Ive used! I very much enjoyed using it. Did I meniotn fun??? heser

Good points: Very well made, simple/straight forward to field strip, excellent doumentation, super accurate, seems to eat most ammo brands even those not recommended, a mag loader to save your hands (you REALLY, REALLY will need the mag loader)

Bad points: Kind of weird and fiddly takedown procedure, mags hard to load by hand as the top has all manner of sharp edges that will eat you alive over many loadings, I really wish they had a hi-cap that would hold 20 or so rds.

I would certainly give this item a BIG thumbs up. I think its one of the best made/thought out add on Ive bought in a long time. My hats off to Advantage Arms for thinking this thru and making a high quality product. Probably the biggest deficiency Ive found is the small capacity magazine...they need to provide one that much bigger.

They are in CA and can't manu mags over 10 rnds..
its on their site under the FAQ..

Mine also is a hoot to shoot
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Right, I read the same FAQ BUT...they could easily have them made out of state w/o violating the regressive laws of CA. It really would be a much more fun product w/ a larger cap mag.

I agree about the hoot...I ran another 700 thru it today. My SIG Mosquito is down waiting for parts and I miss it too. Im trying to decide which I like better. I havenot come to a conclusion about it....
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top