Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2006 11:07:36 AM EDT
I am considering a Glock 23C for my CCW.

Any draw backs to having the ported barrel for this.  Seems like a good thing to me, but if I knew everything I wouldnt posting this question.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I carry, and I won't carry anything compensated. Blowing shit out the top of the barrel is an opportunity to get gas and hot particles in your face, especially if you have to shoot from closer to your body. The flash may also mess with your eyes in a dark situation.

Compensation does nothing for the first shot. You aim at the target and shoot. If you follow up quickly then the compensation may have kept the barrel down for the next shot. If you wait for the second shot, then you are essentially back to a first shot and the compensation becomes meaningless again.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes. Its compensated and its 40 cal. Next!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

So is it the compensated part, the .40 cal part, or both that you have a problem with?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Stick with the non-ported barrel for CCW.  Shooting from retention is where most of your problems occur with the C model.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:59:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I carry a Glock 21 for duty.  I may have to fire in a close quarter situation.  I do not need anything blowing up into my eyes or messing with my low light vision.  Compensated may look cool on the range, New Years or on the Fourth of July.  It will not be cool when you fire a compensated weapon in a weapon retention situation and subsequently are not able to see after the first shot.

Just think about what is blowing out of the ports.

Food for thought.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is it the compensated part, the .40 cal part, or both that you have a problem with?

Comp barrel for CCW is not advantagous.
I am not a 40 cal enthusiast. Nothin' personal
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#8]
23 okay - good to go
23C - no way hoser

Same reasons that have already been stated

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#9]
C stands for C'boom, right?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Porting is great for the range or hunting but bad for CCW.
If you have to fire the gun close to your body you can get a nice burn too
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:42:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Now I "C" the light.  Thanks for the responses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top