Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 9:33:16 AM EDT
I broke down and ordered a Scherer 28rd mag for my G21. The only reason I say 28rds is because of the "witness" holes numbered 3-28. I wonder if Tony Scherer is to cheap to change the mold so that it list the correct number or if they just don't know. Most places that I see advertise them as 25rd. The overall finish of the mag comes up a little short. I think they could have spent a little more time on it so cosmeticly the mag could be cleaner looking.

I loaded mine with 27rds before the follower bottomed out in the +2 base pad. I think I might have got the 28th rd in if I crushed the spring & follower in the bottom but for 1rd why take the chance of messing something up.  I found that if you help push the nose of the bullet down with your thumb at the same you push the Glock loader down, it seams to make loading easer. Still stuffing 27rds of 45ACP in this mag is a chore. I did not have much time at the range so I only got to load the mag twice and the second time was with 22-23rds.

First mag = 27rds
Rapid fire right out of the gate, I figured if I did not have much time I was going to make the mag work a little.
Result = At about 20-21rds I had a malfunction. It might have been shooter induced because at about 17-18rds the other shooters were starting to talk and complain about the spray of 45 brass(LOL). I guess it was my way of saying - "Welcome to the Indoor Range"    

Second Mag = 23rds
Rapid fire again. No malfunctions!

Slide locked open on the last rd both trips to the line.

I know it's not enough testing to get those with G21s to pull out the $45 yet. I will update this post the next trip to the range, hopefully I will have a little more time to test some other ammo besides WWB.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:38:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Very cool!

I've heard mixed reviews on the Scherer mags. The 9mm guys seem to think they are junk while the .40 guys think they are pretty decent. I never knew they made a .45 version but if I get a G21 I might have to grab a couple of these
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a scherer in 9mm and it broke immediately. I would not buy another. I hope you have better luck than me.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Damn...what does one of those weigh loaded?

My guess is between 1.75 and 2 pounds  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I had a scherer in 9mm and it broke immediately..

My guess is the feed lips? That was a problem with the 9mm. I never purchased one because of the G18 mag. I have a couple of the 29rd .40 mags and they run fairly well. I might get 1failure every 4-5 runs at the range from the 2 mags, so that is not bad.

I was going to get one for my G20 but the vender said they are not caring them until they work correctly. He said the failure rate was way to high so they won't even sell them until they are satisfied with there own testing that they work. Nice to know that a vender cares about customer satisfaction.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Stock Glock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top