Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2006 7:35:19 PM EDT
How long can a Glock 17 be kept fully loaded and stored or do they only need to be kept fully loaded for short periods of time, and if so how long.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I had 4 Glock 17 mags loaded for 12 months, 2 weeks ago I took them to range and emptied all four mags and shot an additional 150 rounds through them no problems
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I try to take all my mags and function test them at least once a year. That way I know they work. Leaving them loaded for a year should not be a problem. At one of the armorer classes several years ago the instructor suggested the springs be replaced under normal use every 4yrs. I have a 1st gen G17 mag with the original spring and follower, the spring just barley sticks out of the mag with the base plate removed but it still functions every trip to the range.

I should put all my mags in a pile and reshoot this photo.  

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:05:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I try to take all my mags and function test them at least once a year. That way I know they work. Leaving them loaded for a year should not be a problem. At one of the armorer classes several years ago the instructor suggested the springs be replaced under normal use every 4yrs. I have a 1st gen G17 mag with the original spring and follower, the spring just barley sticks out of the mag with the base plate removed but it still functions every trip to the range.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/hotrod9mm/mags-o-bunch-1b.jpg

I should put all my mags in a pile and reshoot this photo.  

good lord, thats a LOT of glock mags! (nice!)

oh, should be no problems w/ the springs--just dont load em past 17 or keep loading or unloading em (compressing/decompressing the springs)
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:47:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I keep three G19 mags loaded (carry) and two G17 mags loaded (home) at all times.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:19:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I shot one that had been loaded for over 15yrs ago about 6mo ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top