Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 6:47:30 PM EDT
Alright let me ask.....anyone know if the G18 33 round magazines will function in the .40 cal. guns......i could swear I read a gun gun rag about a year ago wear some high drag low speed outfit was using this combo..........any input would be apprec.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope to god someone says yes.  I have a Glock 22 and I'm in Central AR.  I'll provide the ammo and test gun for anyone that wants to loan me the mag.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I read that someone has done it. They opened the feed lips on the mag to match the 40 mags. I have not tried it because I have the mags that are made by Scherer(29rd). I may give it a try but I would like to run a couple thousand rds in it before I would trust it.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:00:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I know it's not orig. question.  But I had same one and answered it by putting Dawson ext. bases on three mags and a +8 from Brownells on another.   I get 23 in the +8 and it's totally reliable.  Dropped it on cement a bunch

IPSC 170mm legal also

Is this a solution??     although you should be able to get a few more rounds in the modified 33 rounder...

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:57:16 AM EDT
[#4]
what mags did you modify with the +8 base. Stock 15 rounders?.........................
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:14:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Taylor Freelance makes one of the +8 kits to fit the 40. It works well.  

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:38:05 AM EDT
[#6]
sweet lookin....still will the feed lips and angle of the current production G18 33 round mags fit and function in a 40 cal platform?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:06:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
sweet lookin....still will the feed lips and angle of the current production G18 33 round mags fit and function in a 40 cal platform?

It might take a little trial & error to get the mag feed lips opened to the correct point, but with that and changing the follower to the 40 I don't see why not.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I tried it once with a new G18 33rnd mag. I opened up the lips to about the same size as a .40 mag and put a .40 follower in it. The best I could do is get 17 rnds in it!!! A little over half way down the mag it started to bulg at the sides and could not get anymore in.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#9]
www.topglock.com/catalog/mags.htm

Scherer 29 round .40 mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top