Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 11:08:59 AM EDT
I got a blue label Glock 22 with 3 mags a few months back and have had failer to feed problems ever since. So far I have fired about 500 rounds of several types of ammo. It seems like the slide is not ramping the round into the feed ramp and into the chamber but pushing them instead into the front mag wall or in between the feed ramp and magazine. To correct it all you have to do is rerack the slide but still not a good thing. It sounds like a mag problem and thats what I thought I had until I tried out 9 different mags, some older depertment issue and the 3 new ones that came with the gun. All with the same stoppage.
It doesn't happen as frequently with FMJs as it does HPs but it has happend with them. The problem magnifies to about 3-4 times per mag with HPs though. I have tried 4 different brands of HPs, WWB, Remington HP, Doubletap 135gr, and Ranger Ts. I'm having serious problems with 3 of the 4, only the Rangers seem to be functioning anywhere near reliable.
I have used 3 shooter's, two of us are issued G22s and are experienced with them. All 3 have the same stoppage with the same consistancy. HPs bad, FMJs good.

And I'm also having problems with the sights. The trijicons seem to be shooting high and to the left. I know newbs tend to shoot Glocks low left but I'm far from a Glock newb. So whata yall say, time to send it back to Glock?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Sorry to hear that . . . . . . . . . . . . . It is a foh-tey though.    (j/k  )

I do have a rule I abide by *most* of the time;  I buy guns that shoot thier intended calibers,i.e.,

AR= 5.56,  Glock= 9mm,  1911= 45acp, etc. etc.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:48:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the same problem with my G30. I only have two G30 mags for it. One 10 round and one 9 round mag. I also have G21 mags. So far it only happens with the 9 round mag and the G21 mags. This leads me to think it is mag related. My G21 runs 100%. Never a malfunction in thousands of rounds. when using the 9 round mag, this new to me G30 is lucky to make it through 3 mags without a FTF. It is slightly better with the G21 mags. I dont think it has ever had a FTF with the 10 round mag. I have only put 500 rounds through it. Even though it was used, I bet the guy who had it before me put less than that through it. Here are a couple pics of what the FTF looks like.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:10:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I recommend you send it back to Glock along with all the mags.

One of the local Virginia guys bought one from CDNN last year and had similar problems. He took his to the GSSF event in Richmond back in April and they replaced every spring in the gun along with all his mag springs and followers and he hasn't had an issue since.

Send it back.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Send it back.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:49:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Take a short drive north and drop it off in Smyrna, GA.  They will treat you right.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Give GLOCK Customer Service a call.

GLOCK Inc. USA, Canada
6000 Highlands Parkway
Smyrna, GA 30082
USA
Tel.:  +1 770 - 432 1202
Fax.: +1 770 - 433 8719
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#7]
If those were my guns acting up, the first thing I would do is have 3 different people put about 100 rounds each through them.  If the guns continued to malfunction, I would send it in.  If it didn't, I would work on my shooting technique.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sorry to hear that . . . . . . . . . . . . . It is a foh-tey though.    (j/khave
AR= 5.56,  Glock= 9mm,  1911= 45acp, etc. etc.

Oh geez!!! I can hit a knat in his/her ass frm 20 yards out with my G22
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:13:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought I had a real lemon in my G19, in that it'd feed FMJ flawlessly, but fail to feed on every JHP I tried. Was a 3rd gen gun, with 9mm-1 followers. I called Glock and they sent me a couple 9mm-3 followers, made no difference. I ended up sending the gun back, along with all mags. They replaced the mag followers with 9mm-3s, replaced the mag springs, polished the feedramp, and replaced the slide stop. Guess what? Still fail to feeds on JHPs...$45 wasted. I fired at least $500 of JHP ammo trying to get the gun to work.

I was able to get ahold of the new production (post ban) mags with the -5 follower, and all has been well.

I suspect that the old mags were out of spec in some subtle way; the moral is to use new production mags in a Gen-3 gun. Sucks that I laid out $300 for 4 preban 15-rd mags and they refuse to work properly.

I would have liked them to replace the mags with new production ones that would work, but alas they wouldn't. So I have mixed feelings on the idea of buying any more Glocks...the one I have is now reliable, but the whole incident left a sour taste in my mouth as it were.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:15:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Call up Glock and send her in.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:16:36 AM EDT
[#11]
tag
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:18:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Call up Glock and send her in.

+1
I just sent in my 24 for repairs. Great warranty.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:24:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Send it in. But also, seriously think of going to a different platform. Some shooteres can not get the glocks to work. You may be one of them. Not an insult, just my experience. These guns are not for everyone.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:10:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I called Glock up and spoke to one of there techs. She advised me it could be any number of problems and to try and have a Glock armorer near me look at it, if I couldnt find one so I sent it in and now I wait. I wish I could switch to a different platform, but my department mandates Glock 22s right now. I personnally bought mine because I wanted the rails.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top