Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 9:14:56 PM EDT
I've been reloading my own and have no problems what so-ever.
Using 115gr FMJ and 5gr of Bullseye for 9mm
and 230gr FMJ and 5gr Bullseye for the .45ACP.

Anyone else?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:35:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been shooting reloads out of Glocks.  Lead goes into aftermarket barrels only.  I am going away from using reloads.  Given the time, range costs, transportation costs and related costs, it is not worth it to use a lousy commercial reload, a lousy homebrew or one of my friends' "never fail" reloads that routinely fail.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:07:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes.  Ive been shooting reloads out of my G21.  At the prices you can get 9mm for though its kind of hard to justify.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:41:39 AM EDT
[#3]
While I'm not against reloading, (have done it for many years), I have given it up due to the time and materials factor and considering the price new ammo can be had for, it just isn't worth it to me.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:49:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been shooting my reloads through my G38 only so far, but I am getting geared up for all my Glocks.  I agree the initial costs are pretty high, but once you get rolling I think the saving will add up substantially, except for 9mm which others have already pointed out.

I think reloading is a hobby, and like any other hobby if you are not enjoying yourself you are going to quit on it.  Except for developing a load, I don't find reloading to be that  time consuming at all.  The 650 cranks them out with a quickness.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yes.  Ive been shooting reloads out of my G21.  At the prices you can get 9mm for though its kind of hard to justify.

If you are near Northern Virginia, get with gotm4.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why, does he need to reload some .45?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have been shooting my reloads through my G38 only so far, but I am getting geared up for all my Glocks.  I agree the initial costs are pretty high, but once you get rolling I think the saving will add up substantially, except for 9mm which others have already pointed out.

I think reloading is a hobby, and like any other hobby if you are not enjoying yourself you are going to quit on it.  Except for developing a load, I don't find reloading to be that  time consuming at all.  The 650 cranks them out with a quickness.

I've been reloading 9mm for a off and on since the 90's and still have alot of the
components.  But I do like the load I use.   I'm especially happy to see no one
here has had any malfunctions, ( kabooms) with their reloads.

Thanks to everyone and,

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:19:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Sir,

I load all the 45's but we have came upon a recipe for 9mm that no commercial load will touch.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:20:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been reloading 9mm for a off and on since the 90's and still have alot of the
components.  But I do like the load I use.   I'm especially happy to see no one
here has had any malfunctions, ( kabooms) with their reloads.

Thanks to everyone and,

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL  

Merry Christmas to you and your family, I reload for Glocks all the time and have no problems.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:49:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Sir,

I load all the 45's but we have came upon a recipe for 9mm that no commercial load will touch.

I've shot some reloads through my G17 and would definitely shot any that LRT makes up!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:18:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Hmmm  Sounds interesting.  My current load is 4.7 gr of universal clays with a remmy 115 gr JHP.  Care to share your secret recipe, probably by email or IM if it is as hot as i suspect

I'd like to try it out after i get my chrono.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:19:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hmmm  Sounds interesting.  My current load is 4.7 gr of universal clays with a remmy 115 gr JHP.  Care to share your secret recipe, probably by email or IM if it is as hot as i suspect

I'd like to try it out after i get my chrono.

Actually it is quite cool and has been described as like shooting a .22, have to get the targets and take a few photos that 9x19 and gotm4 shot.

I take no credit for the round recipe, but did mimic it from gotm4's shooting friend and I was amazed how well it shot.

I am going to chrono the load on New Years day at our Hite Hollow shoot.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:21:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

No Sir,

I've shot some reloads through my G17 and would definitely shot any that LRT makes up![/quote]

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#14]
L-R-Ts load for me is a 147gr hollow point (ZERO brand bullet) going approx 855fps out of a Glock 34 using VV N320.  It makes minor power factor for USPSA and IDPA and is VERY accurate and VERY consistant.  

It's not a published load in any manual and is a very high pressure load (above +P+ and NATO specs) but it's going very slow and very smooth with very little recoil or muzzle climb.  It does take some safety precautions and special tools so you won't blow your gun up.  Some guys are using lighter recoil springs, I use a stock recoil spring but it is easier to limp wrist it if you stay stock.

One day the my friend (who gave me the load data) and I shot some CCI Velocitors through his CZ85 combat with the Kadet .22 kit on it followed by the 9mm upper on the same CZ85 frame with these loads and could barely tell the different in recoil.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:31:26 PM EDT
[#15]
hmm so i would think that 855 fps could not possibly be a high preasure load, so is VV N320 a very fast burning powder?

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
hmm so i would think that 855 fps could not possibly be a high preasure load, so is VV N320 a very fast burning powder?

Yes it's very fast burning.  And you must use and undersize die on the brass to prevent bullet setback and load them very long.  It's a good idea also to not use anything but new or once fired brass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top