Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 4:26:51 AM EDT
I want to carry my glock on my left side with the butt foward. What type of holster can I get for this typ of carry and where can I find it online.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:01:54 AM EDT
[#1]
You need a cross draw holster for this, do a search on for that.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:03:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:37:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Curosity is killing me as to why you would want a crossdraw?  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:46:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Curosity is killing me as to why you would want a crossdraw?  

Makes it easier to use his home-boy night sights.

HS1
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:22:36 AM EDT
[#5]
What are "Homeboy" sights. Or is that supposed to be funny. Is there something wrong with a cross draw holster. It is my preference is it not.

Please define "Homeboy sights".....
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:48:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Any Right handed hip holster would be a Left Handed Cross draw.

myweb.cableone.net/uziforme/copar.jpeg

Not always the case.  If the rh holster has a cant, the holster would be canting the opposite direction if you wore it cross-draw.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:30:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What are "Homeboy" sights. Or is that supposed to be funny. Is there something wrong with a cross draw holster. It is my preference is it not.

HS1

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I can see shooting that AR-15 about twice before you jerk your thumb out of there minus the thumbprint.

OK....not trying to be disrespectful 6639 but I was curious why anyone would want a crossdraw. It IS your choice and i'm not flaming you, but heres the reason I ask.

Miami FL P.D. used to have it their uniform policy that their officers carried their revolvers crossdraw like the officer in the picture with the AR. What they found out after losing a couple of officers was that wearing the pistol in that fashion provided a natural drawing position for the bad guys. After that they went back to carrying in the conventional style.

A crossdraw is more difficult as it is not a natural motion to cross your body to draw your weapon and then you also have the issue of crossing across another officer or innocents while drawing creating a safety issue.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:20:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I curently carry a glock 20 in a DeSantis Stealth on the right side and will soon by the Skycop for  the glock 26 as backup www.desantisholster.com/068.html
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:56:27 PM EDT
[#12]
If your looking for a really nice one...

www.kramerleather.com/products.cfm?categoryID=26

What's so damn funny about a cross-draw? Obviously, some people don't understand the necessity for various holsters for various situations.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:58:02 PM EDT
[#13]
The Colorado State Patrol carried cross-draw for years. They didn't have cages in the cars and transported prisoners in the front seat. Cross-draw gave them more security that way. Now they have cages and don't do the cross-draw thing anymore.

A lot of guys who do long stake outs, or long distance prisoner transfers in cars prefer it. The don't have to sit on the gun, and can get to it even with the seat belt in place. With a regular strong side holster you may end up grabbing the seat belt buckle instead of the gun, or get tangled up in the strap.

Cross draw is an option for FAMs and others who fly a lot, like the PD helicopter crews. Again due to seat belts, arm rests, and the nature of some "bucket" style seats and so on.

Retention is an issue. But training can overcome that. They also don't conceal as well. Sweeping your weak arm, or your other people is an issue.  

My biggest issue is muscle memory. I always mount my stuff in the same places so I always reach for the same spot. My duty holster is strong side high ride to match my off duty holster, and so on. I'd hate to instinctively reach for my gun where it normally is and find it not there. The ensuing delay could cost me my life.

I don't wear one, but if I was flying a desk or an airplane, I'd consider it. Maybe. But I'd have to train with it a lot before I adopted it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:46:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I can see shooting that AR-15 about twice before you jerk your thumb out of there minus the thumbprint.

OK....not trying to be disrespectful 6639 but I was curious why anyone would want a crossdraw. It IS your choice and i'm not flaming you, but heres the reason I ask.

Miami FL P.D. used to have it their uniform policy that their officers carried their revolvers crossdraw like the officer in the picture with the AR. What they found out after losing a couple of officers was that wearing the pistol in that fashion provided a natural drawing position for the bad guys. After that they went back to carrying in the conventional style.

A crossdraw is more difficult as it is not a natural motion to cross your body to draw your weapon and then you also have the issue of crossing across another officer or innocents while drawing creating a safety issue.

No offense taken. There is no definitive reason I would need a cross draw. I was just exploring my options as I have never bought a holster before.

My first pistol was a S&W model 5906 I bought from a pawn shop that came with a cross draw holster. I was used to carrying this way and thought I should continue.

I have since bought a Glock holster for my 17 and will carry on my right side after practice drawing it from there.

Thanks for clarifying your first post.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:51:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

media.livingwithstyle.com/files/2/2/9/2/9/homeboy_night_sights.jpg

HS1

I did not find ANY humor in your first post until I saw this pic. It is damn funny now that I see what you were saying.

No I do not shoot that way so I have no need for the homey sights. I still cant see why my fellow African American hip hop brothers choose to aim there weapons in this manner.

I guess this is why 50 Cent is still living after being shot 9 times. Who ever shot him did not have their homey sights afixed to their weapon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top