Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 7:01:46 PM EDT
I just fired less than 100 rounds through my BRAND NEW Glock 27 and the Guide rod !!!!!!  Anyone else having this issue???  Just purchased new Wolff guide rod and spring, hope to have it in a few days.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I have read where this has happened in a couple of G27. It is rare but when humans are involved anything is possible. Send the old one back to Glock and they will replace it.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:24:41 PM EDT
[#2]
call glock in smyrna, they will send you a new one. while you've got em on the phone ask for decals, hat pins, and a calender.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Did this happen while you were reassembling ? This can happen on full size Glocks if the assembly is not put in the right place.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:16:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I took it apart for an initial inspection and reassembled it according to the book.  It happened while shooting.  On a good note I think it broke a few shots before I noticed, so it stayed in the "fight" even with a snapped rod.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:42:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Make sure when you are reassembling your gun you put the guide rod in the little half moon cutout.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:54:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I took it apart for an initial inspection and reassembled it according to the book.  It happened while shooting.  On a good note I think it broke a few shots before I noticed, so it stayed in the "fight" even with a snapped rod.

Of course it did...it's a Glock. And, if you would have kept firing the photon-laser would have kicked in...

I had one issue with my 3-year-old G27 and that happened at re-assembly. I did not put the aft end into the half-mood recess. It was a bitch to get separated. No other issues with any of my three Glocks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:11:29 AM EDT
[#7]
i have not experienced any breakage with my G-26 through apprx 1000 rnds.  

i was warned to make sure the guid rod was seated in the half moon cut as posted above.  i may order another assembly just in case though.

glad to hear it kept functioning.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Did your G27 come in the old style or the new style box?  What are the first three digits of the serial number?  The reason I ask is there was an early batch of sub-compacts that were "recalled" by Glock due to defective guide rods.  I beleive they didn't actually need the guns back but they woud replace the guide rod if the owner wanted.  It is entirely possible that even though it is brand new, it's an early model and someone just had it lying in a safe for whatever reason.

Call Glock and see what they say.  Either it was a freak accident and they will send you a new one, or they will want the old one back for inspection but still send you a new one.  There are many parts which Glock will not send unless you are an armorer, but the recoil rod is not one of them.

www.thegunzone.com/glock/guiderods.html
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#9]
UPDATE  REPLACES ROD WITH WOLFF ROD AND SPRINGS  WORKS LIKE A CHAMP GOT THE HEAVIER SPRINS AND THE RECOIL WAS MUCH BETTER.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I would still get the free stock replacement from Glock.  That way, if you decide to sell the gun later on you can sell the aftermarket rod and spring seperately and make more money.  Most buyers do not expect to pay more for the gun just because you have accessories on it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
UPDATE  REPLACES ROD WITH WOLFF ROD AND SPRINGS  WORKS LIKE A CHAMP GOT THE HEAVIER SPRINS AND THE RECOIL WAS MUCH BETTER.

You say the recoil is better? I hadn't thought of changing springs, but I wouldn't mind my G27 having less recoil. Mind if I ask exactly what model of spring and rod you got from Wolff?
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a G27;
1k of 155 Silver Tips, 165 Target, 180 Target and 180 Gold Dot with only one failure to feed (limp wrist suspected by visiting shooter).  NO broken parts and all stock!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top