Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 9:15:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#1]
well it's a single stack the g36 so it should feel better then that 30 in the hands i know i feel the difference but not too much. for ccw the g36 is better
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:55:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I usually carry a 5" 1911 with 7+1 rounds.  I want something smaller and lighter for certain occasions.  I can live with giving up the one round capacity.  I would still carry one or two spares on the off-side.

I had a G30 for awhile, it felt like a big, un-ergonomic chunk of plastic.  Is the G36 a smaller grip than the G30??

Loaded up the G36 is rougly 27 oz. versus 34oz for the G30.

Opinions, expriences, etc??

I have a G36...and like it. The grip is thinner than the G30, and for me it feels better than that on the G30. I am only 5'5 and I am thin...I can't get away with a big(er) gun than this...even with a gun this small I have to coordinate my clothing around the gun in order for it not to show. In the sense of CCW it is good because it is so small. It's also light. I don't like having something heavy sitting on my side...this gun is light enough that I don't notice it.

It shoots nice...recoil is tame considering it's a small .45. If you haven't already I would hold it before you buy it...not everyone likes the feel of the G36 as it is smaller than the G30. All in all I'm happy with mine.

Derek
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:51:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm 5'11 and about 165... It conceals very well on me, is light enough that I barely notice it (compared to steel framed handguns) and the recoil is very controllable. As for the grip comparison of the 30 vs. 36, I thought it was very noticeable - the 30 IS a brick, the 36 is not.

(and it doesn't make my ass look fat!)
Sorry, had to add that... Sometimes I feel like we are women the way we discuss these things.

One more thing, I wish it wasn't so damned cold out... I have been aching to get to the range and also get some video while I'm there. If I do go within the next couple days I'll post the vid link in this thread.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:36:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:00:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I ended up selling my G27 and getting the G36 as my off-duty daily carry pistol. The 27 was just too chunky, and the 30 is even more so. The 36 turned out to be the best, most comfortable option for my concealed carry piece. I think you will like the 36.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top