Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2005 8:15:54 PM EDT

I swear it still cleans up great... been very pleased with the finish durability.

I don't know what generation it is (maybe some one can point me where to find out) but I do know the mfg. month is 10/94.

I estimate 4-5K rds. through it tops, so It's pretty low milage for its age.  Only about half of those are on the factory spring.  I had one of those lasermax cat-toy things in it for several years but have since switched backed to the factory rod/spring.  That said, about 30% have been +P.

I've recently had an issue where the slide does not lock back after the last round but it is rare.  I'm pretty sure that issue is with one of my mags and not the gun though.  Otherwise it's been a champ.

The Meprolight Tru-Dots were on the pistol when I bought it in '96.  They still glow but I think not as brightly as they used to.

So, what do I need to do with this

Have any of the part's/components become obsolete, recalled or should otherwise be replaced with more recent gen. parts?

I've still got two old 10rd'rs in my inventory (damn, I miss my full-caps... not so much the 33rounder though LOL), do I need to rebuild them?

Should I start thinking about replacing the night sights?

Other things I'm missing?

One last question...  Though I don't plan to sell it, do old 19s keep their value pretty well?  (they seem to be popular on this board)
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont understand.

Why would you clean it?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't know what generation it is (maybe some one can point me where to find out) but I do know the mfg. month is 10/94.

2nd Gen

I've recently had an issue where the slide does not lock back after the last round but it is rare.  I'm pretty sure that issue is with one of my mags and not the gun though.  Otherwise it's been a champ.

Mark the mags next trip to the range and see if it is just one, none or both. That will help. I'm guessing it is just one so you might need/want to replace the mag springs(both).

The Meprolight Tru-Dots were on the pistol when I bought it in '96.  They still glow but I think not as brightly as they used to.

With night sights by the end of the warranty they are at what is known as half-life. Another words when they are 10-12yrs old they glow about half of what they did when new.

Have any of the part's/components become obsolete, recalled or should otherwise be replaced with more recent gen. parts?

No

do I need to rebuild them?

See above

One last question...  Though I don't plan to sell it, do old 19s keep their value pretty well?  (they seem to be popular on this board)

Depending on the market in your area I would say between $300-350 if you were thinking of selling it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:13:47 PM EDT
[#3]
more ammo and a little rag and CLP
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Hotrod9mm- Thanks!  Exactly what I needed to know.

I took a good look at my mags and the two old ones definately look like their followers are sitting a little lower than my newer ones.  
Can anyone reccomend a cheap and reliable source for mag springs

I think the sights had a 10yr warranty, so that makes sense.  
If I decide to replace them, is it worth upgrading to adjustable sights on a G19
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:44:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
....source for mag springs....

You might check with "klbagg" over in the EE. If not you can order them from Lone Wolf.

...is it worth upgrading to adjustable sights on a G19

Not in my opinion. Stay with a fixed sight, less likely to get moved if they are bumped.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#6]

It may also be a weak spring on the slide stop lever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top