Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2001 8:44:21 PM EDT
I don't know if the people who don't like these have either not shot one or are just pussies? Even with hot reloads it really isn't any different (to me) than a 45. I have never really also understood why the 10mm has never really caught on. It has more of cult following fi that. I have loved it since I was out with a friend on his property. I was out there with my Glock 19 (which I sold after this) and he had a Glock 20 & 29. He has this old car on his property that is a junker that we have decided to shoot the hell out of. So we line up on the front windshield about 25-30 ft. away. I fire about 3-4 shots and they ricochet off. I could believe it really, I just wasn't expecting it. Well then the 20 gets into the action. First shot goes right through the windshield and knocks the head rest right off. SOLD!!!! I sold the 19 and bought a 20 the next day and haven't looked back:)
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 11:02:18 AM EDT
[#1]
The problem with the 10mm is that it came late too the show.  You see a few years before the 10mm came out, back in the mid-1860's, a company called Colt came out with a round called the Colt .45.   Then about fifty years later, a guy named John Moses Browning cut the .45 cartridge down to make it easier to use in a semi- automatic handgun.  He created a pistol to fire this round which he called the Colt .45 automatic, or the 1911.

Then about eighty years later some jealous Eurotrash gun slinging wanna bees were so upset about the USA's superior .45 cal. round that they tried to upstage those silly Americans with the 10mm.  

Fortunately, most people saw through their veiled attempt to upstage the Americans and demanded that Glock produce a proper handgun chambered for the .45 cal. round.   Gaston Glock, being a reasonable sort, quickly introduced the Glock 21 chambered for .45.   Since then most Americans have dropped the  10mm in favor of our home grown .45 cal.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.....

-SS
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't go as far as eurotrash? In any case I think they were looking for a fast yet powerful round. True the 45 is a proven man stopper! I was just saying how the (recoil issue) that is brought up so often to me is a mute point. I believe the recoil is no different than the 45. Over penetration has been the real problem at least with the FBI. I feel the 10mm is the middle ground between the 9mm(accuracy) and the 45(stopping power). My .02
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I was once a big 1911 fan until I saw the light.
Why should I spend $500.00 bucks on a 1911 only to take it to my gunsmith to pay him another $300.00 bucks to make it shoot right... All because of the 45 ACP round that's why. Well at least until I bought a Glock 29. Right out of the box it delivered, and it was made for concealed The 10mm round that comes out of that sucker moves and keeps moving. Plus I get an extra 4-5 rounds then a Cult Defender. In my opinon the rounds are equal ; only the 10mm round costs a bit more but that's only an issue if you make it one.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#4]
The 10mm is a far more superior round then any 45 out there. A true 10mm anyway.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#5]
More than anything I look at the fact that you can hunt with the 10mm. I wouldn't hunt with the 45, maybe some would? So if it's good enough for the animals walking on all fours, well it's good enough for the two legged as well:)
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Good point, never even entered my mind to think of it that way!
G29 the only gun you'll ever need to carry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top