Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2005 4:43:53 PM EDT
My duty gun is a G23.  It has at least 15,000 rounds of ammo run through it.  It looks like crap, because it has been carried all over gods green earth, in all kinds environments, 24/7.  I am thinking about asking for a new one, but this one and I have lots of history.

Any thoughts?????
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:53:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Can I have your old one? Granted I will have to put another 45k rds or so for it to catch up to my G24 but that won't be a problem.

If you have any concerns at all, send it to Glock and have them go through it for you. Shipping cost is far cheaper then a new gun. Glocks don't wear out like other guns and need new slides or frames after a few thousand rds. You could also have your dept armorer replace all the springs if you wanted and you would be good to go.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#2]
It's just now getting broken in.

However with your LE pricing you could sell this one to someone and buy a brand new one for what you will retail the old one for.  Ask your local glock dealer.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't worry if it's working then your okay.  If you feel it's needs some help have your Dept armorer replace the mag springs and recoil spring and do a detailed cleaning.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't worry if it's working then your okay.  If you feel it's needs some help have your Dept armorer replace the mag springs and recoil spring and do a detailed cleaning.

+1  New springs do wonders for an old GLOCK. I had an old G20 that started having FTF issues, and sometimes didn't go into battery.  A new recoil spring cured all my problems.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I am one of the armorors, and I have replaced every part on my glock with new stuff except the frame, slide, and barrel.   I think I am just thrown off by the appearance of my beat up old pal.  It has served me well for over 10 years, but I just have the craving for maybe one of the third generation G23s that we are issue the new guys!!!

I think I need to get over it and keep old rusty!!!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:49:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am one of the armorors, and I have replaced every part on my glock with new stuff except the frame, slide, and barrel.   I think I am just thrown off by the appearance of my beat up old pal.  It has served me well for over 10 years, but I just have the craving for maybe one of the third generation G23s that we are issue the new guys!!!

I think I need to get over it and keep old rusty!!!

screw the rail.  Just get an old light to clamp to the trigger guard Glocks are good for 50k rounds without breaking a sweat.  I have a Glock 22 that I've had less than 6 months with 25k through it.  Not hiccup one.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:12:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I could care less about the rail, but I do like the grip a little better on the gen 3s.  The gen 3s have a solid frontstrap, without that blister causing u shaped spot on the bottom.

It makes my soft little fingers ache

I ussually get a good blister there if I shoot 200+ rounds.  I can't help having big old meaty hands.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The gen 3s have a solid frontstrap, without that blister causing u shaped spot on the bottom.

How about a couple of these for your mags?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#9]
hi there,

if you want a 3rd generation frame you can swap out frame for frame at glockmeister.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/10_15.  They look kinda pricy, but give you what you want.h.gif
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#10]
The one I carry is the Gubment's........so that means nothing aftermarket on it except for the grip tape.  No fancy mag plates for me anyway, I can't imagine slamming a piece of my pinky in between the frame and mag plate, during a fast reload.

ouchy.......hehe
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top