Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2005 2:34:20 PM EDT
I got a Glock 22 a while back and I like it but the trigger pull is a tad long for my tastes. I only use this pistol for target shooting so a lighter trigger will not be a problem. I see a few places online selling 3.5 pound trigger connectors but they all say "professional installation needed" and such. Just how hard is it to home install one of these? I also see a part called the Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector on Brownells that supposedly doubles as an overtravel stop... but they also say "minor fitting required". All this talk of minor fittings and pro installation gets me spooked.

I went to Glockmeister and printed out their Receiver Disassembly guide and it looks like the only tools needed are a 3/32 punch and a small standard screwdriver.

I've assembled several of my own AR lowers and done other assembly style gunsmithing at home with no problems... has anyone here done this and have any input on it? Is it indeed something best left for a pro gunsmith?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:15:56 PM EDT
[#1]
The connector is very easy to install. The "Rocket" may be a little overwhelming. I would get either a Factory(item GLO-342 or a Scherer(item SCH-2235) #3.5
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there a particular reason the Ghost Rocket would be any more difficult than the regular OEM and Scherer 3.5 connectors? The only way I see that it differs offhand is that it has that extra armature sticking up, which I assume is the overtravel stop(?). Does the GR need to be ground down or something?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
.......Does the GR need to be ground down?

Yes and you will need the orange slide cover plate to help in the fitting process IIRC.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:03:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Aaahhh I see said the blind man. I was wondering why they said that when I saw those orange backplates on Brownells.

Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I installed a 3.5  connector in my glock17 yesturday.

First time taking my lower apart, super easy  to do.

TG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top